Making a Sub Box, Need Help Please.

Options
Rossi
Rossi Posts: 2
edited September 2008 in Car Subwoofer Talk
Hey everyone,

I just bought a new car (Toyota Camry) and i am Slowly building a car system in it and the only thing left is a Sub and amp now.
I have quite a large boot but like my last car i just slapped a huge sub in it and had no boot space left, so this time i am thinking of making a box to fit snug right up the back of my boot so i have lots of room left.
I've never made a sub box before but have heard you have to have the right volume etc or else it will sound crap...
I also heard that you can't put 2 Sub's in 1 box because it's hard to get them beating symmetrically, not sure if that's true or not?
I want to get 2x Polk momo Sub's and a good amp to run them both.

Can anyone help me out or post some links in what Volume the sub box/box's has to be and all those details im going to need to know to build a Perfect box for these Polk Momo Sub's.
If anyone else knows whats a good Polk momo sub for money/quality is to run in it please post.
And the best Amp to run them both.
All Help is much appreciated,

Thank you :)
Post edited by Rossi on

Comments

• Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I have built a few subs in my day but if space is a need I would go with a preform sub like this.

Camry Sub Enclosure
  • Tollaksen
    Tollaksen Posts: 71
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Rossi wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I just bought a new car (Toyota Camry) and i am Slowly building a car system in it and the only thing left is a Sub and amp now.
    I have quite a large boot but like my last car i just slapped a huge sub in it and had no boot space left, so this time i am thinking of making a box to fit snug right up the back of my boot so i have lots of room left.
    I've never made a sub box before but have heard you have to have the right volume etc or else it will sound crap...
    I also heard that you can't put 2 Sub's in 1 box because it's hard to get them beating symmetrically, not sure if that's true or not?
    I want to get 2x Polk momo Sub's and a good amp to run them both.

Can anyone help me out or post some links in what Volume the sub box/box's has to be and all those details im going to need to know to build a Perfect box for these Polk Momo Sub's.
    If anyone else knows whats a good Polk momo sub for money/quality is to run in it please post.
    And the best Amp to run them both.
    All Help is much appreciated,

Thank you :)

http://www.bcae1.com/spboxnew2.htm

Also look to the tube...youtube that is. This will help with video how toos.
    Reciver Pre/Pro - H/K AVR-347
    Amplifier - Adcom-7400 5 Channel
    Speakers - SRT's
    Projector - Sony Avl-aw15
  • Rossi
    Rossi Posts: 2
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Thanks For your Help guys,

Just one other thing what Sub's should i use?
    Like i want 2, 12" Sub's but thinking they might be too big for the box, so maybe 10" is the way to go?
    I had a look at those custom Camry boxes, the only thing is mines a 1996 Model, which they don't make :S
    Any Idea's also on a good Amp too run these babies with as well?

Help much appreciated guys :)
  • Tollaksen
    Tollaksen Posts: 71
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Rossi wrote: »
    Thanks For your Help guys,

Just one other thing what Sub's should i use?
    Like i want 2, 12" Sub's but thinking they might be too big for the box, so maybe 10" is the way to go?
    I had a look at those custom Camry boxes, the only thing is mines a 1996 Model, which they don't make :S
    Any Idea's also on a good Amp too run these babies with as well?

Help much appreciated guys :)

I have found that if I use 10" woofers and use the extra money for better amp and wiring the sound is so much better than useing larger speakers that are under powered and note living up to their potential. Also, try to loose the trunk rattle. I hate that.
    Reciver Pre/Pro - H/K AVR-347
    Speakers - SRT's
    Projector - Sony Avl-aw15