Car Audio Nationals 2008 **Dial Up Alert - 26 pictures**

MacLeod
MacLeod Posts: 14,358
edited September 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
Ben Vollmer put together the Car Audio Nationals series this year which was several shows in different locations culminating with the finals last weekend in Atlanta. What was super cool about it was IASCA, USACi and MECA all participated along with CAN and they held the finals in Atlanta with a major car show. This was the biggest show Ive ever been to. The Georgia Convention Center was packed with cars. So much so that they had 100+ sitting outside!

All kinds of cool things were at this show. Most of all was I got to meet 2 of my heroes. Mark Eldgridge who was competing with his SQ NASCAR - yes, he built a SQ vehicle out of an actual stock car!! I also got to listen to it and it was awesome!! Passenger side sounded identical to the drivers side!

I also got to meet Richard Clark who was judging CAN and got the chance to tell him I thought he was a genius. He was busy judging so I didnt get to pick his brain any tho.

I took 1st place in my class which was very cool! The SR's came thru for me again. This show also doubled as Georgia State Finals so with this win I sewed up my 3rd consecutive State Championship which Im pretty proud of.

On to the pics:

First off, the high point of the show for me - Mark Eldridge's car. There is a 12" sub in each kick panel and the mids and highs are in the engine compartment!

2zdpsv9.jpg

2dbo0b4.jpg

Here you can see the engine compartment. The speakers are located where the firewall has been built out all the way to the breather!
10qfbdu.jpg

ourvrt.jpg

I dont know what this is but its damn cool.

opnv2r.jpg

15f3d35.jpg

2h6zlsn.jpg

28k5vzn.jpg

Ferrari and a Lotus.

2l89aj5.jpg

4g5kt0.jpg

Even found a Polk demo car there. Very sharp!

3483ozo.jpg

ion813.jpg

One of the models that was walking around. This picture doesnt do this chick justice! You couldve sat your beer down on this chicks bootay. :D

m8p4rs.jpg

They had a bikini contest during the show as well. I tried to get some good pics for y'all but I was too far back and my slow **** camera just couldnt get good shots while they were walking around on stage. But just to prove I tried:

xbn401.jpg

Ok. Back to the cars.

2wnvbwg.jpg

opg78.jpg

2gwx53s.jpg

v3g6rd.jpg

Eddie DeJesus' beautiful, all DLS S-10. This was the system I thought sounded best out of the whole show. Just unreal!

2it1o9k.jpg

34g819k.jpg

4rrmrl.jpg

qn5nxt.jpg

14topk4.jpg

And lastly, my favorite car of the show and just about my alltime favorite car period! A 2001 Acura NSX.

2euty5j.jpg

10yj9kw.jpg

359bs7k.jpg

Yeah I know, I should have resized them just a bit smaller but this took my 45 minutes to post all this and I will be damned if Im going to go back thru all of them again so youll just have to suffer! ;)
polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
Post edited by MacLeod on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2008
    Cool pics.

A. Who is still on dialup?

2. Most pics are around 90K, dialup would be ok.

D. I am the eggman. Coo Coo Ca Choo.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,424
    edited September 2008
    Time to update that signature!

Congrats.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited September 2008
    Hate to break it to you, that's not a real Ferrari.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • black magic
    black magic Posts: 669
    edited September 2008
    MacLeod wrote: »

2it1o9k.jpg

Damn! Usually I'm not a huge fan of painted interior but that looks really good... especially with all that suede.

The Acura NSX is also one of my favorite cars. Its pretty rare, looks sick, not too expensive and packs a good punch.
  • Kinetic
    Kinetic Posts: 437
    edited September 2008
    woow i love that NSX, looks so fine
    Z
    /////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
    /////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
    /////Alpine PDX-4.150
    /////Alpine PDX-1.1000
    Polk Audio SR 6500
    Polk Audio SR 124 DVC
    KnuKonceptz MKS Kable

G35
    /////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
    /////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
    /////Alpine PDX-4.150
    /////Alpine PDX-1.1000
    /////Alpine SPX 17PRO
    /////Alpine SWX 1243D
    KnuKonceptz MKS Kable
  • MacLeod
    edited September 2008
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Cool pics.

A. Who is still on dialup?

2. Most pics are around 90K, dialup would be ok.

D. I am the eggman. Coo Coo Ca Choo.

Just thought Id try to be courteous in case there were any cheap **** out there. Ive heard chicks dig guys that are courteous.
    Face wrote: »
    Hate to break it to you, that's not a real Ferrari.

Fine. Its not a Ferrari. Dont care. Still looks cool as hell and Id love to have one in my driveway.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited September 2008
    Damn! Usually I'm not a huge fan of painted interior but that looks really good... especially with all that suede.

I saw it at CES. GORGEOUS. Unfortunately, I didn't get to listen to it. I was highly upset about that :(
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • black magic
    black magic Posts: 669
    edited September 2008
    exalted512 wrote: »
    I saw it at CES. GORGEOUS. Unfortunately, I didn't get to listen to it. I was highly upset about that :(
    -Cody

Hey man, at least you got to see some eye candy. That picture is probably as close as I'll ever get to seeing that car.

I think I might have to travel down south one year to attend some of these shows :)
  • MacLeod
    edited September 2008
    exalted512 wrote: »
    -Cody

Eddie was nice enough to give me a pretty lengthy demo and I loved it. It had an overall warm sound to it which I prefer. It was my favorite system at the show. It had assloads of dynamics. Cymbal crashes that made you blink and the likes.

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited September 2008
    MacLeod wrote: »
    I dont know what this is but its damn cool.

opnv2r.jpg
    You're quite right about that; it's VERY cool. That, my friend, is a Mosler MT900. An awesome little American made 'supercar'. Originally Corvette V8-powered, I would think it still probably is.

The Mosler MT900S is a different version of it, I'm not sure if it's just a souped up street legal version or if it's only for the track, but I read about a guy who bought one and then had Nelson Racing Engines deck it out for him. In case you haven't heard of them before, NRE does AWESOME work and puts together AMAZING engines. Definitely NOT cheap, but we're talking Ford and Chevy, from small block to big block, naturally aspirated, twin turbo, or supercharged, and from 700HP to well over 2000hp.

This particular Mosler MT900S that they decked out only weighs 2500lbs and puts out 1150hp on 91 octane and 1800hp on race gas, along with a stump-pulling 1710lb-ft torque. QUITE the monster.

Here's a link to info on it and pictures in case you're interested: http://www.nelsonracingengines.com/pix-rides-mosler.html

mosler_2.jpg
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • MacLeod
    edited September 2008
    1700 ft/lbs of torque?!?! Yikes, thats more than an 18 wheeler!!

910.gif

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited September 2008
    Mhmm. I know I want a ride in that thing! :D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520