Went throu 2 burnt voice coil on the SR124 dvc, SOMEONE HELP!!

2»

Comments

• Mike B.
    Mike B. Posts: 54
    edited September 2008
    We made a slot ported enclouser for 2 SR 12". Not for resale, but to use in displays in our dealers showrooms. I believe CS has the cut/build sheet. I'll see if I still have it.
    Ported is more efficent, but has a trade off, below the tuning of the port , the box "disappears" and power handling goes south FAST!
    Sealed is just plan safer, and the box is A lot smaller, with little output loss....
    Like the guys stated above, you need to get the levels set correctly first! With your current settings your over driving the inputs,and sending clipped/square waves to the subs. That will kill any woofer.
    Sort of like driving 70mph for hours in frist gear, and wondering why the engine blew...

Mike B.
    Mike Bobelak
    Heartland Regional Manager
    Polk Audio
  • jalilig35
    jalilig35 Posts: 14
    edited September 2008
    exalted512 wrote: »
    So you associate loud as sounding good?
    -Cody

not really I was saying that 1 12 ported sounded really good even at high volume no disortion
  • jalilig35
    jalilig35 Posts: 14
    edited September 2008
    Mike B. wrote: »
    We made a slot ported enclouser for 2 SR 12". Not for resale, but to use in displays in our dealers showrooms. I believe CS has the cut/build sheet. I'll see if I still have it.
    Ported is more efficent, but has a trade off, below the tuning of the port , the box "disappears" and power handling goes south FAST!
    Sealed is just plan safer, and the box is A lot smaller, with little output loss....
    Like the guys stated above, you need to get the levels set correctly first! With your current settings your over driving the inputs,and sending clipped/square waves to the subs. That will kill any woofer.
    Sort of like driving 70mph for hours in frist gear, and wondering why the engine blew...

Mike B.

So ur saying go with sealed, will 2 12s sealed out perform 1 12 ported in quality of the bass and how much bass there is at same volume and gain, also anyone know the airspace required on 2 12s sealed?
  • Mike B.
    Mike B. Posts: 54
    edited September 2008
    From the hip ~1.5cft per woofer sealed is the "best all around". Call CS and ask for Kim, he should have the box sizes for "differant" styles of bass.

The dual 12" SR ported box Josh made would rip your head off, believe it was tuned @ 28hz.
    Remember if you go ported you need to have the amp set correctly as there is less margin for error...
    Mike Bobelak
    Heartland Regional Manager
    Polk Audio
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited September 2008
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben