db1000 with db6501

mathew
mathew Posts: 6
edited September 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
I am from big polk fan from India.

Currently having a db690 and db1000 in my car and planning to buy a db6501 component system.

Is the tweeter being supplied with the db6501 same as the db1000 or is the db1000 superior?
Post edited by mathew on

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited September 2008
    The db1000 is the previous generation of the db series of speakers. It's the same tweeter that comes in the db6500 component speaker set.

However, if you are getting the db6501, they come with the new db1001 tweeter.

You don't need to buy a seperate set of tweeters to go with your new component set. they already come with the db1001 which is probably going to be a slight improvement over the db1000.

This all, of course, is not to be confused with the even older dB3000 tweeter which came with the dB3065 component set. Those are much older, from the early to mid 90's and totally different than the current db line.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • mathew
    edited September 2008
    Thanks for the info.

I am getting a kicker ZX350.4 amp to power the components (yet to buy).

I have a db690 on my rear deck. Will the amp be adequate to power a set of MMC6500 or i should stick to the db6501?
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited September 2008
    If you already have the DB's, stick with them. Besides, they will match your rear deck speakers better than the MOMO Carbon series.

As far as the amp goes it's 60 watts RMS per channel on 4 channels. Thee DB's have a sensitivity rating of about 92 dB and teh MMC have a sensitivity rating of 90 ddB. The DB's are going to be easier for the amp to drive so they will play louder. So stick with what you got, get that amp and call it a day. The money you are going to save from not buying new speakers for not good reason should be saved and put aside for a subwoofer and amp for that sub to help the bottom end out.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • mathew
    edited September 2008
    I think i'll go with the db6501 components with the Kicker ZX350.4 amp. Thanks again.
  • pentavolvo
    pentavolvo Posts: 68
    edited September 2008
    it will be a good combo