Forum HT Historians .... Please Help ... A couple of LS f/x's...

Tour2ma
Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
edited January 2003 in Speakers
...are fixing to close out on e-bay. Probably for around $200, if there's the normal last minute frenzy.

Believe these were the original Bi-/di-pole surrounds, but could not find them in the vintage archive...

As "rears" (actually they're designed more like sides) for my entry into HT I thought they might be a nice match for my SRS's, being a bit older and all. Entry now and second room later is my thinking.

Opinions please on match and, if recommend them, fair price...

Same seller also has a CS350-LS coming up over the weekend. I think it was Russ that said in an old thread that this was a good, albeit bright, center and a good value at $200 or less. Right now is at $250...

e-bay's gone nuts since Christmas. Guess a lot of folks got cash for their gift because business news wouldn't indicate that the bonuses were that good in 2002. Example: Carver M-1.5t before Christmas $375; after, one at $460 and one at $450.

Thanks in advance...
More later,
Tour...
Vox Copuli
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
Post edited by Tour2ma on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2003
    Bag em
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited January 2003
    CL350 Center speaker
    Great speaker and great match to the LS/FX's, I will say the 350 and LS / fx's need to be ran on the "small" setting.

LS / FX Surrounds
    If you want a perfect pair those look like nice speakers.

I have a pair the same speaker, I got them on Ebay for like 120.00 plus shipping. I do not have original box. These speakers are 7-8 oout of 10 in condition, minor wear on edges and at least one broken grill peg (the grill stays on without it)

These are not like new, but depending on your need/want, these are not bad speakers at all.

I have only unpacked, checked them on the stereo and put them away, I would ship them to you for 100.00

Sorry to stick you up like this, but if you want them I am sure we can make a deal.

Rabernathy@ aseng.com (take out space)
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited January 2003
    Thanks Russ for the push. Got them for $205. :D

Hoosier thanks for the offer. As you mentioned these just looked too nice to pass up, but I am not going to forget your offer...

Thanks again to both... I must now go in search of my center... maybe I can conjure up a cs1000p....

:o shana nachrid... oostha bethos...
    (name the movie and win a cookie....)
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD