New speakers for 08 Lexus GS350

lonwa
lonwa Posts: 83
edited September 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
Polk and crutchfield do not have any vehicle data on my car, and I want to upgrade my OEM speakers.

Does anyone know the specs on this car's speakers so I know what will fit?

I believe I have 10 speakers total.

Thanks in advance,

Lonwa
Sometimes good command decisions get compromised by bad emotional responses."
Post edited by lonwa on

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited September 2008
    Sorry dude, you're out of luck. Not many places will have accurate measurements for an '08. It's too new. You also won't be able to find mechanic manuals of any kind unless you get the service manuals from the dealer. You're probably gonna have to wait until next year, around April, for that stuff to come out.

Your only option about now is to start taking doors and such apart and taking measurments. Might want to check out a Lexus forum specific to your car and see if anyone has done anything similar and already has measurements.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • ROOGER82
    ROOGER82 Posts: 30
    edited September 2008
    forums are probably your best bet as Jstas pointed out.

Have you tried Metraonline.com? They should have the sizes for an 08....as far as the accuracy goes they are usually pretty good about it...

or....u can take off ur doors and check :)
    (Insert clever sig here);)
  • lonwa
    lonwa Posts: 83
    edited September 2008
    Thanks for the info.

Yeah I got the specs for the front and rear door speakers (6.5), but not the in-dash speakers which look custom. Maybe the reason why no one has the specs.

I will keep looking or stop by a car audio shop one of these days.

thanks again

Lonwa
    Sometimes good command decisions get compromised by bad emotional responses."