Buy Rotel Online?

phuzphuz Posts: 2,413
edited January 2003 in Electronics
Does anyone know of some sites to price and/or buy new Rotel gear online? I've searched and searched and there are very few places that even carry Rotel in the US.

I picked up an RCD-1070 the other day. I have to say it's nice, and I did a sidy by side comparison with my H/K and the Rotel sounds much better other than some minor interferance that I'm getting from the analog ICs. I'll figure that out later though.

The only problem I have with it, is I just can't justify the cost. I mean, it's only a CD player! So it's going back soon.

So does anyone know where to look for late model Rotel stuff? Has anyone used/heard the RCC-1055? If so can you tell me how it compares to the RCD-1070?

Thanks.
Post edited by phuz on

Comments

• bsmith15bsmith15 Posts: 23
    edited January 2003
    Phuz:

Rotel has a very strict policy on on-line sales in order to protect thier distributors and pricing. The Rotel.com web site does provide retail pricing (drop down menu on the top left side of home page) but I have never found any on-line retail sites in the US that will quote Rotel.

Audiogon.com will have some used Rotel gear...I think I saw a RCD-1055 for sale a week ago and someone had recently sold a RCD-1070 that they claimed was only 9 months old for $450.00. Also a RCD-991 (older model with balanced inputs and dither control) was for sale on the site.
  • bsmith15bsmith15 Posts: 23
    edited January 2003
    Sorry for the additional post but I forgot there is a site, audioemporium.com, that does list descriptions of the various models in the Rotel line and some opinions on the differences between models. But the pricing is strctly per the Rotel suggested retail.
  • hoosier21hoosier21 Posts: 4,397
    edited January 2003
    Phuz, shoot me an email

[email protected]
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • dylandylan Posts: 453
    edited January 2003
    Get out of my head, Phuz!! ;) I spent yesterday morning with a google search looking all over for Rotel online, and the audioemporium was the only place I found. Would you mind shooting me an email if you come up with anything?
    Work is the curse of the drinking class