Alpine and I cant figure this one out, so Im here.

GoBlue
GoBlue Posts: 30
edited August 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a Polk component set, a pair in front and in rear.
I have an alpine F450 4 channel amp.

When you use the fader, and fade in front (CH 1,2) centered I have much less bass then when I move it to the left and to the right. Each speaker separate produces bass. Channel 3,4 are cool.

Alpine says I have a phase problem, so I switched around + and - channels 1,4 so as to not cancel one another out (they suggest). I also did it with 1, 2 just to see. Both attempts yield no results to correct the problem.

My final test was to unplug Ch1 all together. I found that Ch2 plays music on both L and R sides of the fade control w/ a little difference in sound quality, and visa versa.

Does anyone know whats going on here? Thanks.

Theater:

Pioneer Elite VSX-55TXI
Adcom 555
Acoustic Research AR9 (Latest)
JBL S Center
Definitive Technologies ProCinema 1000 (Surround x2)
JBL PS1400 Sub
Monster 3600 MkII Conditioner
NAD T572 DVD
PS3
Lots of wire

-Looking for a decent Sunfire MK II-

Samsung LNT-4665F
Polk OMW3 - TV Speakers

Vintage:

Pioneer SX-780
Pioneer PLA-45D Turntable
Advent Heritage Speakers
Post edited by GoBlue on

Comments

• Jeff Beaird
    Jeff Beaird Posts: 217
    edited August 2008
    Are you sure you don't have the HP filter on..? My Alpine 4channel has separate HP/LP for each set of channels. And how is the gain set for each channel..? If one is cranked and the other at min. I could see it sounding that way.
    My $0.02
    Thanks, Jeff...
  • dirthog
    dirthog Posts: 124
    edited August 2008
    You have your rca's mixed up at the amp or from your head unit. check to make sure they are correct. If not then we'll have to think of something else.
    HU: 880PRS
    Front: SR6500
    Amp: Alpine MRV-F545
    Sub: SR124-DVC
    Amp: Alpine MRD-M1005
  • GoBlue
    GoBlue Posts: 30
    edited August 2008
    Well, nothing seems to work. I dont think its the amp, but it could be I suppose.

Theater:

Pioneer Elite VSX-55TXI
    Adcom 555
    Acoustic Research AR9 (Latest)
    JBL S Center
    Definitive Technologies ProCinema 1000 (Surround x2)
    JBL PS1400 Sub
    Monster 3600 MkII Conditioner
    NAD T572 DVD
    PS3
    Lots of wire

-Looking for a decent Sunfire MK II-

Samsung LNT-4665F
    Polk OMW3 - TV Speakers

Vintage:

Pioneer SX-780
    Pioneer PLA-45D Turntable
    Advent Heritage Speakers
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2008
    Something is hooked up wrong if your right speaker plays with the balance all the way to the left. It shouldnt play at all. Make sure the speaker wire connections are clean. Make sure no wires are frayed off and touching the other terminals. Same with the speaker itself, make sure nothing is touching any metal part of the car.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D