Looking for good center channel stand

BjornB17
BjornB17 Posts: 752
edited August 2008 in Speakers
I'm looking to buy a stand for my CSi5. I would like for it to sit pretty low (maybe 18" or so) and have the ability to tilt up or down so i can fine tune the angle the speaker points to the listening position. I would also like for it to NOT use any kind of adhesive to hold the speaker on since i dont want to ruin the nice finish of the speaker.

Does anybody know of a decent stand that fits this criteria?

Thanks!:confused:
KEF Q150 | Rythmik F12 | Yamaha Aventage RX-A780
Post edited by BjornB17 on

Comments

• Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited August 2008
    Heres the one I just bought, pretty trick and it looks awesome too.

http://www.mountsandmore.com/Lovan-L-ML2CB-1887-LV1096.html
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • BjornB17
    edited August 2008
    any chance you can send me a pic of how it looks in action? I see that you have the CSi5 also so that will help me a lot.

Thanks!
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited August 2008
    BjornB17 wrote: »
    I'm looking to buy a stand for my CSi5. I would like for it to sit pretty low (maybe 18" or so) and have the ability to tilt up or down so i can fine tune the angle the speaker points to the listening position. I would also like for it to NOT use any kind of adhesive to hold the speaker on since i dont want to ruin the nice finish of the speaker.

Does anybody know of a decent stand that fits this criteria?

Thanks!:confused:

Just in case you missed it--the CSi5 is designed to be flipped over to lay on the angle to allow an upward angle for low mounting positions. Also it has an adjustable leg to allow for more tilting options.

I can't comment on a center stand as I have mine on a shelf above the TV. (I used to have it on an Omnimount shelf that sat on the top (and back) of the TV) I just used a couple rubber bumper sticker thingys-I stuck them on the entertaniment center shelf as opposed to the speaker. You could also use a small cork pad as well.

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • BjornB17
    edited August 2008
    mmadden28 wrote: »
    Just in case you missed it--the CSi5 is designed to be flipped over to lay on the angle to allow an upward angle for low mounting positions. Also it has an adjustable leg to allow for more tilting options.

I can't comment on a center stand as I have mine on a shelf above the TV. (I used to have it on an Omnimount shelf that sat on the top (and back) of the TV) I just used a couple rubber bumper sticker thingys-I stuck them on the entertaniment center shelf as opposed to the speaker. You could also use a small cork pad as well.

i will be using in front of a front projection screen so i dont have any shelving to rest it on. I'd like to have a decent mount to rest it on. I prefer to have the speaker "right side up" so to speak and would prefer to use something with an adjustable angle for asethetic reasons
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited August 2008
    BjornB17 wrote: »
    i will be using in front of a front projection screen so i dont have any shelving to rest it on. I'd like to have a decent mount to rest it on. I prefer to have the speaker "right side up" so to speak and would prefer to use something with an adjustable angle for asethetic reasons

I dig it, but right side up is either way-it was designed for that-The grill can flip. This quote if from the web site
    Turn them upside-down to aim them "up" when your placement requires them to be below your TV or video screen (it's a Polk innovation we pioneered back in the 90s!).

Yes, you'll still need a stand-but you may not need it to be adjustable (is all I'm trying to say)

Personally I think it looks better upside down

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • BjornB17
    edited August 2008
    you're right, it does look pretty sweet upside down, and that's how i had my CS2 and liked it that way a lot. i'd like the stability of having the extra surface area in contact with the speaker stand by having it right side up. Also, since I have 2 cats, i'd like to maintain the angle on the top of the speaker to discourage them from trying to lay on it.