IEC-C7 adapter to upgrade power cord

Options
iskandam
iskandam Posts: 704
edited August 2008 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
I'm thinking of replacing the stock powercord on my Oppo Digital DVD player with an aftermarket cord after having such a positive experience replacing the stock PS3 cord with a MAC HC Sound Pipe. I heard a bit more detail, but MUCH better bass.

Unfortunately the Oppo has a C7 outlet. Would using an IEC-C7 adapter degrade the sound quality in any way, thus negating the upgrade? I don't think I've seen an aftermarket power cord that uses a C7 connector other than a model that PS Audio makes.

I saw a cryogenically treated adapter, but it cost almost as much as a used Signal Magic power cord :( Can anybody recommend a good one to use that doesn't degrade sq?
Post edited by iskandam on

Comments

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I use the PS Audio C7 on all my C7 equipped sources and like the results. I find the improvements to be on the subtle side, but the peace of mind is worth the effort and you sure can't complain about the cost, I found mine for under $40.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • vonnie123
    vonnie123 Posts: 326
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I use the PS Audio C7 on all my C7 equipped sources and like the results. I find the improvements to be on the subtle side, but the peace of mind is worth the effort and you sure can't complain about the cost, I found mine for under $40.

AQ and Acoustic Research have these cords available as well.
    [
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Just buy a C7 cord like others were saying. It's a win-win since you will be using a high quality cord, yet not having to use an adapter or modifying anything.

http://www.musicdirect.com/product/74109