Dual Polk/momo c300.2 driving sr6500 set?

biggs
biggs Posts: 16
edited July 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
Ok, tried to search for something like this but couldn't find any.

So I have a c300.2, and sr6500 on the way. Also I have a c500.1 for my 10" MTX 7500 DVC sub.

Now, I can get another brand new c300.2 for $200 from a friend.
I'm a bit of a newbie on stereo in general, so I need some input here.
Can I run each channel on a bridged c300.2?
I read a bit on bi-amping (read, not quite understood), would that be a better idea?

Input would be much appreciated.
Post edited by biggs on

Comments

• biggs
    edited July 2008
    Oh, my HU is an AVIC-HD3BT
  • black magic
    black magic Posts: 669
    edited July 2008
    Honestly, I think you should just use a single c300.2 for your sr components unless you want to go active. If you'd like to bi-amp using 2 c300.2, i suppose that would also work, but thats gonna be a ton of power so you'll have to be careful not to have the gains set too high.
  • biggs
    edited July 2008
    The crossovers are "bi-amp ready", no? So one c300.2 for the woofers and one for the tweeters, then via the crossovers. Set the HU at 3/4 volume and the gains on the amps to minimum, then work from there? Adjust gains on the woofers first, then balance up with the tweeter gains. Could be an idea to get som sr5250's eventually on the other c300 to even it out, ie give the mids their own frequency range?
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2008
    Yes you can bi-amp those SR's with a pair of 300.2's but that is a TON of power and you could shred your speakers in a heartbeat and so I wouldnt recommend it to a newbie.

Generally, bi-amping your speakers is the best way to do it because you can independently tune your tweeters and your mids but if youre a rookie and/or wanting a "plug and play" setup, then stick with the single amp. A single 300.2 has more than enough grunt to push a set of SR's to their full potential.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • biggs
    edited July 2008
    Ok, thanks for the input.
    Got the second c300.2 anyway, might get some sr5250's in a while and build a pod, either up front or the rear door panels.

Got everything installed today, but ofcourse I've misplaced the pre-out RCA assembly for my HU, a new one is on order, I'll get it in a week or so. From Belgium. Stupid continental centralizing...