WAssss-up?

Mike B.
Mike B. Posts: 54
edited July 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
It's been a long while, been busy, work,kids,..... oh and DRAG RACING!
CRW_9996.jpg
04-01Bobelak.jpg
Best run to date 11.59@124mph. best mph is 127mph!
System is mostly out of the car, still has the CVA/DVD, and DB's in the kicks&doors, but will pull it all out as soon as I have time. Keeping a working clutch in the car has proven to be ongoing issue.
DSC_1286.jpg
DSC_1289.jpg

Plan on a "simple" system : Good deck, MM's in front, MM10" and either a 1100.5 or 200.4&400.1 all on a removable rack..all in due time....
Mike Bobelak
Heartland Regional Manager
Polk Audio
Post edited by Mike B. on

Comments

• bigaudiofanatic
    bigaudiofanatic Posts: 4,415
    edited July 2008
    Nice setup sick times lets see some picks/specs on the engine.
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    Carver A400X :cool:
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

Living Room
    63 inch Samsung PN63C800YF
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900
  • Mike B.
    edited July 2008
    DSC_0275.jpg

"Stock VR6" with H/G spacer, T3/T4(I need a larger one), C2 Motorsports intake, and software. Big intercooler, and home made plumbing...
    DSC_0210.jpg
    KW Suspension, M&H slicks & BFG D/R's for D.O.T. tire nights...
    Mike Bobelak
    Polk Audio
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2008
    Very cool pics! Good to see ya back.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Mike B.
    edited July 2008
    MacLeod wrote: »
    Very cool pics! Good to see ya back.

I never really left, just never got around to logining in, lurking;)

Popped in to see what you guys thought of the new Mobile Monitors...
    I think they are pretty dang cool, less than half the weight of Momo, and better mib-bass. My goal is to run 10's with the tunes jamming....
    Mike Bobelak
    Polk Audio
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,913
    edited July 2008
    Damn, Mike. Looks like you have been having some fun!
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Mike B.
    edited July 2008
    WE ARE! There is another VW here in St. Louis, that some buddies of mine run. It's a solid mid 10 sec car (best is 10.42@138mph). Its a "true" race car no interior, all extra metal is cut away,.... We are known as the "Polk Crew" at GIR. They just added some larger cams and saw a 66whp gain! I expect 9's in the near future...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxwPdDpbCI4
    Last month we attended/raced the Pinks, "all out" event here. While we didn't make the official show; we were interviewed for the Pinks, "Outakes" show. It should air in September. I'll keep you informed
    Mike Bobelak
    Polk Audio
  • eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited July 2008
    thats a lot of horseys
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • Kinetic
    Kinetic Posts: 437
    edited July 2008
    wooow 11.59 thats fast

here in mexico city we dont have that kind of times.

we live at 2,400 meters over the sea.. =(
    Z
    /////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
    /////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
    /////Alpine PDX-4.150
    /////Alpine PDX-1.1000
    Polk Audio SR 6500
    Polk Audio SR 124 DVC
    KnuKonceptz MKS Kable

G35
    /////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
    /////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
    /////Alpine PDX-4.150
    /////Alpine PDX-1.1000
    /////Alpine SPX 17PRO
    /////Alpine SWX 1243D
    KnuKonceptz MKS Kable
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited July 2008
    11.5's in that little thing must be a blast!
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Mike B.
    edited July 2008
    Face wrote: »
    11.5's in that little thing must be a blast!

Its interesting, launching it is a true "dance"...
    Basic break down of a run:

Waterbox, second gear, low boost(11psi), set the e-brake HARD! Raise rpm's to ~3500, let clutch out just past where it starts to grab, as the rpms fall give it a bit more gas. When you see boost start to build, stab gas, dump clutch... If you get it right it'll burn them easily for 5-8 seconds, let the ebrake down , as the car pulls out let out of it,clutch in...tires need to be ~180degs

Staged: frist gear, low boost, e brake up ,but holding it up with hand, same deal build a bit of boost as the tree lights, when it lights the second yellow, I gas it ! begin sliding the clutch out and drop the ebrake; (if I did it correct the sunroof visor has slammed back).

Run: run out frist gear(~1.5 seconds), hit the high boost button(~22psi), grab a fist full of second gear, if the cars in the groove you just grin, hit Third( the fun gear) car will pull very hard. mph is gain is stupid quick, Forth its still pulling ,but not as intense(IE turbo cant flow enough "CFM") just before the rev limiter the finishline! All in 11 seconds!

Here is a older run, notice I didnt have very good burnouts(1st gear), also I was on Drag Radials vs, slicks.
    http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUSqVyGgb4I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CS6S_i5yWQWhite Polk VW on D.O.T. tires
    Mike Bobelak
    Polk Audio
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited July 2008
    Very cool, thanks for the rundown.

LOL @ the sunroof reference, my old Regal used to do the same thing.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • B2Bomber
    B2Bomber Posts: 24
    edited July 2008
  • Mike B.
    edited July 2008
    Face wrote: »
    LOL @ the sunroof reference, my old Regal used to do the same thing.

I'm in a battle with a "Regal" t-type for the fastest V6 MPH & ET records here(GIR) on Tuesday night D.O.T. racing . I have a better MPH(unoffical), and he has a better ET. He's a funny guy ,we pass friendly "jabs" back and forth.... I missed taking the mph award last time out ,due to the car before me breaking down, and my run was just passed the offical quailifing time period.......
    Mike Bobelak
    Polk Audio