Oyaide thread

Options
awe-d-o-file
awe-d-o-file Posts: 146
edited July 2008 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
AC, the final frontier, these are the voyages of...............

OK, I like being silly. But really I was one who did not think AC outlets would do much. I was wrong. I went from my stock to a Hubbell a few years ago. Nice difference. Then in 2006 I got an Oyaide SWO-****/WPC-Z cover combo. The cover was 2X the price of the outlet! But it was an insane difference! I was stunned. The nice thing is it is so nice looking too. I have since made an R-1/MT-UB outlet strip as well. I have heard more improvement with outlet changes than male/female plug changes. Note in the outlet pic that's an M-1 male which the addition only made a tiny improvement in comparison to the basic brass Hubbell male it replaced. Enjoy the bonus pic too- nyuk nyuk nyuk!

ET

System: MF Trivista SACD > Placette passive> CJ passive horizontal bi-amp> MF 2500A(LF) MF2100(HF) > 1.2TL's

Other: Speltz silver Eichmann IC's & speaker wire, Econotweaks Detail Magnifiers, PS Audio P-300(source), R. Gray 600, Al Sekala's AC R/C filters, R. Gray HT PC's, Oyaide R-1's,WPC-Z , M-1, Herbie's & DIY Isolation
Room: Qty 7 - 4' tall 18" diam. bass traps, Qty 4 - 4' X 2' X 4" panels. All DIY - man my wife is tolerant!

Comments

• Midnite Mick
    Midnite Mick Posts: 1,591
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I have not experienced the whole outlet thing yet myself. I am in the process of doing a complete reno on a rental property I have in order to move in. I plan on putting an upgraded outlet in....and possibly wiring as well...just haven't investigated that yet. It only makes sense that it would make a difference as I know that different materials used in plugs and iec's do, so why not outlets?

Mike
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote