Looking for car amps best bang for the buck.

engtaz
engtaz Posts: 7,660
edited July 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
I looking for suggestion on best amp for buck. Not best amp, not cheapest amp or most expensive amp. If you were to change the amps in your car, what would you get to replace them. If you would replace them with the same thing then say so. I don't have to replace what I already have but am thinking about it. I run Orion SX amps from the 1990's now.

Thanks,
engtaz
engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
Post edited by engtaz on

Comments

• only126db
    only126db Posts: 157
    edited July 2008
    I am becoming more and more a fan of the older equipment rated @ 12.5V .

I currently have a Hifonics ZXI series and MTX Blue Thunder Pro series(from 90's) amps I like Hifonics and I like the Blue Thunder, I actually have heard that Profile amps do very close to if not their rated power and are inexpensive.

I would chose the Hifonics and MTX Blue Thunder without hesitation.

I am also considering the Profile brand...

Google these three and see what reviews you can find...
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2008
    The Alpine V Power series is pretty solid for the money. Theyre a "cheaper" amp line but they make good power, have no noise and are built very well. I ran a set several years ago and if Polk didnt make amps, I would probably be running them right now.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D