Need some help please, mm2124 enclosure.

Options
fadeintoblue
fadeintoblue Posts: 4
edited July 2008 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I have a single MM2124 that I would like to mount in my car. The only box custom built for my car is .91 cubic foot fiberglass. How negative an impact will this have on the sound with the sub recommended for .88?

Thanks for the help.
Post edited by fadeintoblue on

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited July 2008
    Options
    It won't have much of a negative impact. The sub will be a teensy bit boomier but I doubt that you would notice it unless you had something like a standard cab pickup truck.

You could glue a piece of wood inside to help take up the extra space but it's less than .3 cubic feet of difference. It's almost a waste of time to even worry about it. Mount the sub, play the sub, be happy.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 28
    edited July 2008
    Options
    That is a difference of ~3.4% -- not enough to even worry about. The T/S parameters on a production run of subs will vary more than that from driver to driver, I guarantee it.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Bose.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2008
    Options
    You wouldnt be able to hear a difference between boxes with that small a difference. Itll work fine.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • fadeintoblue
    fadeintoblue Posts: 4
    edited July 2008
    Options