Polk RTA11t questions

2»

Comments

• byteme
    byteme Posts: 73
    edited January 2003
    Jesse,

I'll try and not cut the wires, but the issue may end up being how to get the connections back to the mid drivers. I haven't gotten inside to take those off, but when I pulled the x-over out and the tweeter out it looks like the mids have some sort of baffel behind them that is surround by acoustuff or something similar. Also mildly interesting is the fact that there are only 4 wires coming out of the x-over, I'm guessing that the mids are wired in parallel? Or is that series? See, that's why I didn't get into electrical engineering - I can't even remember which is which!!

Har, it would make things easier to see a picture of the tl x-over - especially if I'm going to try and tackle this locally, but you're right I can't imagine that these are that much different. I should have the schematic early this week.
  • byteme
    byteme Posts: 73
    edited January 2003
    Originally posted by gidrah
    Wow! What a great read. What a great offer and effort from other members. Man I love this site!

byteme - I've had limited exposure to the speakers you mention. I've also done a dedicated listening with the Vandersteens. They seem to have an "air" and "transparency" to them that I really fell in love with. But, wile the Vandersteens didn't wrong, I prefer the over-all sound of my current Polks. If I had to start from ground-up it might be a different story, but in current hindsight I think I made the right decision.

Mark,

What polks are you running now?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited January 2003
    Brian,

What you'll need to do is remove one driver at a time, label the wires and after you've got them all disconnected, pull the crossover out the back. The wires will come out with it and when you reassemble just feed the wires back in.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk