Forwaring to Australia from USA

Bryan M
Bryan M Posts: 25
edited June 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
heya,

Bit of a strange request this.
would anyone here be willing to forward car audio equip (amp,parametric eq's etc) on from the USA to me in Australia?

I would obviously be taking a risk, but I am sure there are trustable ppl here on the forum.
The reason I ask, is there are some killer specials on some websites I have seen, but the shipping is either not available to Oz, or costs more than the actual product.
I am sure it would be cheaper if a pvt person forwarded it to me.

Anyhoo, if anyone would be willing to forward the package on (and maybe mark it gift so the import duties are less:P) I would be more than appreciative, and maybe throw in a little present in the order if they wanted.

Thanks
Post edited by Bryan M on

Comments

• Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited June 2008
    what r u looking to buy, many online shops will ship international. check out woofersetc.com and sonicelectronix.com
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • Bryan M
    edited June 2008
    heya,

as mentioned before, I could get it shipped, but a $100 amp would cost $90 to ship.

Even a small parametric EQ costs $45 to ship.

I could get the shop to ship, but IMHO, its expensive. I could be wrong though, and that is the going rate.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited June 2008
    It ain't going to be any cheaper for someone here to buy it and ship it to you.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • dcmeigs
    dcmeigs Posts: 708
    edited June 2008
    How is shipping from Asia to Oz? Most of what we buy here comes from Asia.

I see all the inexpensive tube amps on the Asian market with $300 US shipping costs, it makes me jealous.

I'd shop Asian sources there knowing the shipping cost must be much less to Australia.
    The world is full of answers, some are right and some are wrong. - Neil Young
  • Bryan M
    edited June 2008
    hey dcmeigs,ye, you got a good point there. We are just a few (thousamd :P) km's from Asia, a helluva lot closer than US of A.

Could you send me some of those places you have seen those cheap prices, as I have had a look before, but come up with mostly Mandarin websites, that confuse the heck out of me.

Thanks