Need advice on my AV system

umaronly
umaronly Posts: 13
edited June 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hi everyone. I have just bought the sr6500 speakers for my new civic, and plan to use the c300 amp for these, and get the sr124 sub with another amp. My problem is, I was using the P880PRS by pioneer as my earlier HU with MB Quart reference speakers to listen to CDs and mp3s. Now, I want to upgrade the HU to something different (like the alpine CDA-9887 or kenwood x9006u), but my family is pressing me to get a A/V unit double-din like the jvc avx810 or the kenwood kdc-8032BT. Since we will not be watching video and the bigger screen is only for 'graphic equalizer' effects that my children love, which of these units would you recommend that has equivalent, if not better, sound quality for CDs and MP3s compared to the 880PRS or the alpine 9887. Ill be using a 3-way (2-way front components and one sub in the rear in infinite baffle config) system, and would prefer if the unit had auto TA and EQ capability

Post edited by umaronly on

Comments

• umaronly
    edited June 2008
    Bump! Come on people, am in need of some direction pls
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2008
    None of those radios are going to have better tuning options than the 880. Its also going to have much better components than whats inside the screens you have chosen.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • umaronly
    edited June 2008
    what about the alpine 9887? and, from what I hear, these units all have 24 bit DACs built in, and also EQs and time alignment options....in what areas do they fall short, can u elaborate a bit please?
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2008
    Well, the 880 has eq for left and right channels. Also, I do believe, but could be wrong, that the DACs in those radios are 1 bit, in a 24 bit format.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it