Weird XO problems

Airplay355
Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
edited June 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
Atleast I think it's an XO problem, might have something to do with the wiring though.

My problem is that my left tweeter often cuts out and wiggling the wires sometimes gets it to come back on, but that's a pain in the **** to do while driving.

Sometimes, the weird problem causes my entire system to cut out. At first I thought it was my HU but tonight my whole system cut out while I was wiggling wires. I also noticed if I open the door all the way my whole system cuts out.

What the hell is going on? It's been wired the same way for atleast 2 years and nothing has changed. The XO has always been inside the vehicle, not inside the door and has no water damage what so ever. There is no splicing of wires, the wires that come out of the tweeter and woofer go through the rubber tubing between the door and the body, through a hole in the plastic molex just barely big enough for the wire and into the XO. The XO was velcrowed underneath the steering wheel by the pedals but up high so I wouldn't kick it or get it wet.

Do I need a new XO? Are some wires just touching? I'm gonna take everything apart tomorrow to see whats going on.