Subs...

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited December 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
I would really like to get a 12' or so, but I can't find anything that will fit behind the seats. I'm thinking about just putting it in the passenger and let people just sit on top of the sub or something. Any suggestions?
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited December 2002
    first, i'd like to say you have one of the coolest screen names...lol...

2nd -- im not sure if you're talking about a pickup or a big rig, but either way, i think you may find this approach to solve your problem.

a few years ago, i had contemplated doing a single 12 inch sub in my standard cab pickup, with minimal room behind the seat, I took it to a local shop and they designed a box for me that would mount to the floor of the passenger side. It would make it so that the box's height was equal to the height of the "hump" in the middle of the truck that housed the transmission... with a little custom fabrication they would recarpet the entire floor and it would all look like "one nice piece"... this would cut back about 25% of yoru passenger's leg room, but you could easily for a 12 as long as it was no deeper than say 6 inches or so. It would be downfiring, which, in a truck, is often the best way to go anyway.

a momo 12, a db/dx 12 (if you can find one), an EXII 12, an Idq 12, or an alpine type R or alpine type S 12 would all do great in this situation.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited December 2002
    id go with dodges idea...
    you can barely put a 10" behind a seat
    you could always get a sleeper!!
    but i think sleepers are well...butt ugly
    but hey whatever floats your boat
    -Cody
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831