Polk or Morel??

Kinetic
Kinetic Posts: 437
edited June 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
last week i buyed (payed) the polk SR6500, but the shop is having problems with my credit card since Im an international costumer, and i am buying the from the states, im really getting a little desperate, since i payed the "2 day shipping" and they have more than a week without sending the speakers

so today i went to my local shop and they are offering me a set of Morel Elate, sounds good the price is a little bit higher but they have a good promotions with my credit card.

so its a nice deal, its more money than the SRs but its right away...

What should i do?

wait for the SRs or cancel the order and buy the Morel Elate?

im asking becouse i cant hear the SRs, since polk dont sell this babys in mexico, and Morel, Focal and Hertz is everywhere here.
Z
/////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
/////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
/////Alpine PDX-4.150
/////Alpine PDX-1.1000
Polk Audio SR 6500
Polk Audio SR 124 DVC
KnuKonceptz MKS Kable

G35
/////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
/////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
/////Alpine PDX-4.150
/////Alpine PDX-1.1000
/////Alpine SPX 17PRO
/////Alpine SWX 1243D
KnuKonceptz MKS Kable
Post edited by Kinetic on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2008
    The Morel's are an excellent offering as well. Really, the decision is up to you. Time is money in your situation.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Kinetic
    edited June 2008
    its a tough desition

i havent heard anyone, and i cant heard them...

so, in this case i depend on other people opinions, i ussually dont do this, but i trust in you guys a lot.
    Z
    /////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
    /////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
    /////Alpine PDX-4.150
    /////Alpine PDX-1.1000
    Polk Audio SR 6500
    Polk Audio SR 124 DVC
    KnuKonceptz MKS Kable

G35
    /////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
    /////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
    /////Alpine PDX-4.150
    /////Alpine PDX-1.1000
    /////Alpine SPX 17PRO
    /////Alpine SWX 1243D
    KnuKonceptz MKS Kable
  • black magic
    black magic Posts: 669
    edited June 2008
    Thats a tough choice. I really like Hertz's Mille line. You should look into them as well. Besides the sweet sound of the SR's, another reason I went with them is because I'm a big Polk fan (in the home audio world too!). Not only do they have great speakers, but they also stand behind their products.
  • killerb
    killerb Posts: 390
    edited June 2008
    i have sr6500's now, but had morel elate 6's before. they are both excellent set's with great tweeters. the morels have monster midbass compared to the polks. not saying the sr's lack midbass just that the elates have great midbass. the tweeters have a similar sound to me, but i will give the polks the nod in detail but not by much. the power handleing of the morels is a plus and the tweeters can be crossed over lower. man this one is hard but if i could get the elates now without all the shipping issues i say get them. i sold my elates because i thought i was out of car audio, but i liked them so much i got a pair of phoenix gold Ti6comp elite for my girls car. they are made by morel and are the same as the elate 6 set. they sound great, just like the elate 6. i hope this helped you they are both awsome speakers. here is a link to the phoenix gold speakers.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1236
    kenwood excelon kdc-x991 h.u.
    Rockford Fosgate 360.3 DSP
    Rockford Fosgate POWER1000 running entire system
    Image Dynamics IDQ12 Sub
    Morel Elate 6 front stage
  • Kinetic
    edited June 2008
    well i think i forgot to tell you guys, that morels are 200 dls more, but those ones i can pay them in 6 payments.

Polks are 200 dls less, including the shipping..

Altough those advices are more than great, and im really pleased, thanks guys, i will give the shop 1 more day, and if not, i will go for the morels
    Z
    /////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
    /////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
    /////Alpine PDX-4.150
    /////Alpine PDX-1.1000
    Polk Audio SR 6500
    Polk Audio SR 124 DVC
    KnuKonceptz MKS Kable

G35
    /////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
    /////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
    /////Alpine PDX-4.150
    /////Alpine PDX-1.1000
    /////Alpine SPX 17PRO
    /////Alpine SWX 1243D
    KnuKonceptz MKS Kable
  • black magic
    black magic Posts: 669
    edited June 2008
    I often have to wait a while too when I order things for the States. Usually I'm provided with a tracking number, though.
  • Kinetic
    edited June 2008
    im having bad luck lately with the international orders.

exept for Knukonceptz and RAAM Audio, wich have given me an outstanding service
    Z
    /////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
    /////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
    /////Alpine PDX-4.150
    /////Alpine PDX-1.1000
    Polk Audio SR 6500
    Polk Audio SR 124 DVC
    KnuKonceptz MKS Kable

G35
    /////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
    /////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
    /////Alpine PDX-4.150
    /////Alpine PDX-1.1000
    /////Alpine SPX 17PRO
    /////Alpine SWX 1243D
    KnuKonceptz MKS Kable
  • killerb
    killerb Posts: 390
    edited June 2008
    Kinetic wrote: »
    well i think i forgot to tell you guys, that morels are 200 dls more, but those ones i can pay them in 6 payments.

Polks are 200 dls less, including the shipping..

Altough those advices are more than great, and im really pleased, thanks guys, i will give the shop 1 more day, and if not, i will go for the morels
    you wont be disapointed with the morels, trust me!:D
    kenwood excelon kdc-x991 h.u.
    Rockford Fosgate 360.3 DSP
    Rockford Fosgate POWER1000 running entire system
    Image Dynamics IDQ12 Sub
    Morel Elate 6 front stage
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2008
    Stick with the Polks especially since youve already waited 2 weeks.

The Morel's are damn fine speakers, some of the best on the market. However the SR's can be made to sound just as good for a lot less.

Just 2 weeks ago I competed against a guy running Morel Elates. He had a several thousand dollar custom install, was running a center channel, all of which was professionally tuned and had all this in a my favorite car, a 2008 BMW M5!! The car alone had to be worth 5 extra bonus points! Anyway, I have my humble SR6500's in the stock locations and am still working the bugs out of the tuning. The guy with the Morels beat me by 1 point.

The moral of the story is that the Polks cost a lot less and while they may not sound quite as good right out of the box, with a little elbow grease, they can be made to sound just as good and Ill venture to say maybe even a little better.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Kinetic
    edited June 2008
    MacLeod wrote: »
    Stick with the Polks especially since youve already waited 2 weeks.

The Morel's are damn fine speakers, some of the best on the market. However the SR's can be made to sound just as good for a lot less.

Just 2 weeks ago I competed against a guy running Morel Elates. He had a several thousand dollar custom install, was running a center channel, all of which was professionally tuned and had all this in a my favorite car, a 2008 BMW M5!! The car alone had to be worth 5 extra bonus points! Anyway, I have my humble SR6500's in the stock locations and am still working the bugs out of the tuning. The guy with the Morels beat me by 1 point.

The moral of the story is that the Polks cost a lot less and while they may not sound quite as good right out of the box, with a little elbow grease, they can be made to sound just as good and Ill venture to say maybe even a little better.

wooow you are right, also since i have the imprint module, the tuning is going to be very easy...

the extra 200 dls i will use them to buy RAAM audio, i already talk to rick and he is sending me a roll for a lot less money than i was expecting, so if i stick with polks i should get some sound deadening too
    Z
    /////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
    /////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
    /////Alpine PDX-4.150
    /////Alpine PDX-1.1000
    Polk Audio SR 6500
    Polk Audio SR 124 DVC
    KnuKonceptz MKS Kable

G35
    /////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
    /////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
    /////Alpine PDX-4.150
    /////Alpine PDX-1.1000
    /////Alpine SPX 17PRO
    /////Alpine SWX 1243D
    KnuKonceptz MKS Kable
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited June 2008
    I'm not understanding what the big rush is. Is it because you paid for 2-day shipping? That only guarantees that when they do get shipped, they arrive in two days or less from the ship date. It doesn't guarantee that it will take two days or less to process your order.

If you are bailing on the Polk SR's because you are impatient over an international exchange rate issue then you're the one missing out. I heard SRs at Polk's headquarters and at several stores in the area. At Polk HQ, I listened to the SRs trounce a set of B&W 801's on the same amplification, signal source and source media.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited June 2008
    That was neat, wasn't it?
  • Kinetic
    edited June 2008
    yep

but true
    Z
    /////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
    /////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
    /////Alpine PDX-4.150
    /////Alpine PDX-1.1000
    Polk Audio SR 6500
    Polk Audio SR 124 DVC
    KnuKonceptz MKS Kable

G35
    /////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
    /////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
    /////Alpine PDX-4.150
    /////Alpine PDX-1.1000
    /////Alpine SPX 17PRO
    /////Alpine SWX 1243D
    KnuKonceptz MKS Kable
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2008
    Get the Polks - save the money - buy sound deadener - sound just as good - 'nuff said.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Kinetic
    edited June 2008
    Done

thanks Mac
    Z
    /////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
    /////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
    /////Alpine PDX-4.150
    /////Alpine PDX-1.1000
    Polk Audio SR 6500
    Polk Audio SR 124 DVC