Did anybody watch Fox news

dave shepard
dave shepard Posts: 1,334
edited June 2008 in The Clubhouse
Yesterday my wife and I watch on Fox news a report "Ear Marked for Profit".
Did anybody else watch it? It was about Congress and their abuse of their position by ear marking bills for their personal gain :mad: . What a bunch of **** HEADS!! Not to defend Bush and his actions of the past but never have the reporters exposed or showed what kind of extras these congress wise-**** people want and expect for their aproval of a bill and for the most part they ask for crap that has nothing to do with the original bill placed before them and when the Pres Veto's a bill they always make him look bad when I'm sure if they would look deeper they would see these retarded ear marks Congress places on it. Makes me wonder if that might be some of the reason good bills that could help (us) the people get vetoed and left behind.

Dave
Post edited by dave shepard on

Comments

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited June 2008
    Glad you finally figured this out... Wish more people would...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • capecodder
    capecodder Posts: 613
    edited June 2008
    Ear marks have been the norm for MANY years. Really don't think its more blatant now at all. Maybe the first time you've seen an expose of it. Thats pork, but its only pork if its not for your local congressional district. When your congressman or senator fights for your interest then he/she is a local hero for fighting for you.
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,256
    edited June 2008
    My only issue is the my Fiances father runs an EE company that does a lot of military contracts, and a lot of that funding comes from ear-marks...
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited June 2008
    Those military contracts for your FIL wouldn't dry up, the would just become competitive funds and he'd have to actually compete in the open market like everyone else. The problem with earmarks is your FIL company would get the money regardless of whether or not it was the best company for the job or not. That's not something I want my representatives doing with my money...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited June 2008
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    Glad you finally figured this out... Wish more people would...

+1, QFT
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited June 2008
    I think it's funny when a blue state loses an earmark to a red state for a military contract.:D
    Case in point: Boeing lost a bid to make the new refueling planes for the Air Force. The Dem. reps from WA are now screaming for an investigation!
    They protest the military, but want their jobs.:rolleyes:
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited June 2008
    I think of it more as a sitcom.
    but yes, a two term limit for most politicians.
    One in office, one in jail.

-Luc
  • dave shepard
    dave shepard Posts: 1,334
    edited June 2008
    trubluluc wrote: »
    I think of it more as a sitcom.
    but yes, a two term limit for most politicians.
    One in office, one in jail.

-Luc

LOL, Atleast for a good portion of them.