Any exp. with these guys?

Options
mule
mule Posts: 282
edited June 2008 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
http://www.analogmetric.com/store/index.php

I might buy a couple things, but I would feel better about it if someone had a positive experience.

Thanks
Post edited by mule on

Comments

• zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited June 2008
    Options
    I have no experience with them, but they are out of Hong Kong, so I wouldn't buy from them. Then again, if you buy with a credit card and something goes wrong, I guess you could always cancel the purchase.
  • mule
    mule Posts: 282
    edited June 2008
    Options
    I just noticed they have a "store" on ebay, 100+ positives but 6 people did not recieve with no explanation.

Yeah, with them in Hong Kong and all it would be tough for me to throw rocks through their window if the deal went bad.
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited June 2008
    Options
    Shipping would cost a lot also...
  • dcmeigs
    dcmeigs Posts: 707
    edited June 2008
    Options
    That's some cool stuff there! I'd like to do one of those tube power amps. Seems like pretty good prices too.

For what it's worth, I bought 48 naners from Hong Kong from a guy with 100% feedback and I had them in 2 or 3 weeks. No big deal. People in Hong Kong care about their reputation too.

These heavier items are about $20 plus $2 per pound rough numbers. Not bad. Not much more than coast to coast UPS. Also, there is a lot of nice tube audio stuff available from Thailand. For some reason, shipping from Thailand is about half what it is from Hong Kong. Gives the Thais an advantage.

It's odd that they don't have any mention of payment options. I'd definitely not trust paypal to sort out a problem. Credit card or escrow for something expensive.
    The world is full of answers, some are right and some are wrong. - Neil Young