Paradigm Studio 40 v2 Rare Cherry Veneer

Options
markmarc
markmarc Posts: 2,309
edited May 2008 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
For Sale is a rare set of Paradigm Studio Reference 40 v2 in actual cherry veneer with original boxes $625 + shipping. The 40v2’s are the most underappreciated of the Studio series. The design is a 2.5 way, which means that the black driver takes over all lower bass frequencies from 400hz down, giving a natural bass down to 40hz. What is truly amazing is that these are 92db efficient making them a killer match for low powered and or class D chip amps or many SET tube units.

They have a very full and lively presentation and with their efficiency and are incredibly dynamic. For reference, Paradigm Studio Reference Series is price aligned with the Polk LSi’s, and the 40’s battle against the LSi9’s. Originally $1400 in the cherry veneer.

Why am I selling? Right after I bought these I had a chance to pick up the Polk LSi9’s. In the past few months I have A/B’d both speaker pairs and for my ears, rig and room the Polk’s are a better fit. If I could keep both pairs I would, in a heartbeat, but without a man cave space is at a premium.

Full disclosure: On the right side of one speaker there was damage to the veneer that a previous owner fixed, On the back of that same speaker is a scrape of the black paint, and on the back half of the left side the veneer has vertical cracks from what I am guessing came from a heat vent that dried out the veneer. Since owning them I have used lemon oil to treat the wood and it has smoothed out the cracks though they can still be felt by hand. They are not noticeable unless one specifically looks for them. I have taken several pics of both speakers.

Review links:
http://www.paradigm.com/en/pdf/reviews/fronts/studio40_review_188.pdf
http://www.paradigm.com/en/pdf/reviews/fronts/studio40_review_187.pdf

Shipping info: I will send these via FedEx ground, buyer is responsible for shipping costs plus insurance. Box size 25h x 15d x 11w 35 pounds each box.
Shipping is from area code 97007. Sample rate to New York City is $85 combined.
Payment: Paypal.
Approximate Specifications:
http://www.paradigm.com/en/reference/speaker_only-specification-27-1-2-13.paradigm
Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
Former Staff Member TONEAudio
2 Ch. System
Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
Post edited by markmarc on

Comments

• Gadabout
    Gadabout Posts: 1,072
    edited May 2008
    Options
    PM Sent
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. ..... Frank Zappa
  • markmarc
    edited May 2008
    Options
    Replied to PM
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited May 2008
    Options
    I used to have the Studio 40 v2's and sold them. Later on in my audio quest I tried to reacquire them but these rarely come out in the used market. If anyone is thinking about these you better grab them now. ;)
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Gadabout
    Gadabout Posts: 1,072
    edited May 2008
    Options
    Since, I'm in the process of acquiring another house I got scolded for even thinking about getting these. I would love to have them, but the timing is bad.

Mark is straight shooter, and these are a very good deal.

Thanx for waiting a day Mark.
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. ..... Frank Zappa
  • markmarc
    edited May 2008
    Options
    Bump. Last two days, going to eBay on Sunday.
    2 Ch. System