Hhheeelllppp!!!

Options
Frank Z
Frank Z Posts: 5,860
edited January 2003 in Forum Testing Area
How do you add an image from your computers hard drive to a post on the forum?
9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
Post edited by Frank Z on

Comments

• HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited December 2002
    Options
    save the file you would like to attach on your HD. Then use the Browse feature for attach file and go to the directory you save the file in.

Select the file with the appropriate extensions and your done.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited December 2002
    Options
    like this

scott:cool:
  • Frank Z
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Browse? I don't see it. I have tried using the "IMG" button but am not having any luck. This should be...must be easier than I'm making it!
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited December 2002
    Options
    it is towards the bottom of the replay page just under the "show signature"options. it is labled "attach file"

scott:cool:
  • Frank Z
    edited December 2002
    Options
    let's see if this works
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Frank - I've had exactly the same problem as you. I tried everthing and the site won't let me attach a file. I followed all of the directions and it won't work. I wonder if there is something in the way our profile is coded but I've checked there too and didn't see anything. is This sounds like a job for -Justin - the web site god
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Frank Z
    edited December 2002
    Options
    shack,
    Click on the "Post Reply" button, then scroll down to the bottom of the page. The "Browse" button is located below the box that allows you to request email notification when someone replies to the thread. Once you click on the browse button a window will pop open to allow you to pick and choose the pic's from your hard drive. Just highlight and double click the pic you want to attach to your post/thread. It's simple...after you find the damn browse button!
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited December 2002
    Options
    ***Old Guys*** tsk, tsk, tsk
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • Frank Z
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Sid,
    You forgot your "LOL"
  • shack
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Let's see if this works...

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • shack
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Nope...I've tried that several times and it has never worked. The only thing that I've noticed is that when you scroll down a little farther under "Forum Rules:" my HTML code is OFF but I wouldn't think that this would have any thing to do since I thought HTML code was text only. Any other suggestions?

• shack
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Ok...now I've got it. I was hitting the preview post button and was losing the image. Now I know not to do that. Thanks.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Yeah shack, you've definitely got it! Thanks :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited December 2002
    Options
    I have some pics on my HD that I got from E-bay. I can't even view them. All I get are letters, numbers, symbols, and a bunch of squares. Any idea on how to view and post?

The ironic part is that I spend quite a bit of time on the computer and just recently figured out how to get the "Originally posted by ..." going, I've been here for awhile, and that I was computer repair in the Army about 12-15 yrs ago.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • F1nut
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Mark,

I'm no expert, so there's probably a better way than this. I email the pic on eBay to myself, then open the email and download it to My Pictures. I go to My Pictures and then open it with AOL (or whatever ISP you use), then when it comes up I send it back to My Pictures and select bitmap and save it. I then delete the original. After doing all that I can open the pic anytime I want from My Pictures. If somebody (MX?) can tell me a better way I would love to know.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gidrah
    edited December 2002
    Options
    I did a "save as" and it comes up in MS Word. My computer is a Pentium I that was a hand-me-down. My first internet experience was 2 days before my membership date shown on my personal info (left column), and I still get **** spam. Tose first 2 days were mighty exhausting.
  • F1nut
    edited December 2002
    Options
    OH, maybe Sid can help.

President of Club Polk

• gidrah
    edited December 2002
    Options
    It's too easy to make a smart-**** comment that would suredly bite my ****.
  • dthomps
    dthomps Posts: 352
    edited December 2002
    Options
    I am not sure I quite understand your situation all the way, but it sounds like the image is being opened by a word processing program. Try right-clicking the image file, then selecting "Open With", and selecting "Microsoft Paint" to open it, or whatever imaging program you use. It should open alright, and once you get it open just click "Save As" in the program, and save it again (usually as JPG's for attaching stuff to posts, they are a lot smaller than GIF's) and see if that works. I hope this helps, but if not ill be back to see that you get it going alright. Mike
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited December 2002
    Options
    No anytime you want to save a picture right click your mouse and click save, select the drive/or desktop as the location and make sure you save as either jpg. or jpeg, bitmap is larger formats for wallpaper or screen savers, GIF is the smallest but doesnt support high color i don't think, JPG/jpeg is best...
    see watch i will save this pic from the above post and post it here... that simple
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • F1nut
    edited December 2002
    Options
    faster,

That doesn't work when saving a pic off eBay. Can you help with that?

President of Club Polk

• faster100
    edited December 2002
    Options
    I sell on e-bay, past 3 1/2 years, it should. what pictures are you trying to save, some sellers protect there pictures where you can't save them, but let me try here. I have done this a zillion time , heres a random e-bay pic
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • faster100
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Let me know what ya wanna do and i will tell you how.... best i know how, over the pic you want, click your right mouse button, then a menu comes up and click save picture as, then make sure the pic format is jpg/jpeg and save in say My documents, my pictures or desktop.. what os you running? 98se, xp, win 2000?? that might be the problem, do you have that menu that i speak of when you right click? and if not what does it say.... let me know
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • faster100
    edited December 2002
    Options
    You always have to make sure you double check where it says file type: sounds like someone was hitting a word processor instead of the pic formats available..
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • F1nut
    edited December 2002
    Options
    faster,

I'm running XP. When ever I try that and then open it the only thing that comes up is "no preview available." So, I go do what I posted above and that works.

President of Club Polk

• MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited December 2002
    Options
    here is the fastest way to do nething, go to geocities - then make a name, password. then go to upload files. THen get the url (ex: www.alektra.com/tiger.jpg or whatever, then when u get the url, go to back to ur reply box, click IMG then paste the link into the box it gives u...simple as 1-2-3 LOL!
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • faster100
    edited December 2002
    Options
    The XP is different and i can't help you there... as i havent got the XP yet.. don't plan to for a few years until the bugs have left and the software support is also there for everything new and older. I use 98se, i build computers as a hobby/side thing here and there but always just install 98se unless you want to compile a copy of XP for me for testing purposes of course, LOL good luck
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • F1nut
    edited December 2002
    Options
    faster,

Thanks for trying! I understand 98 is the best, maybe I'll swap 'em.

F1nut

President of Club Polk

• faster100
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Let me know , do you have a copy? of 98
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • F1nut
    edited December 2002
    Options
    faster,

No, I do not. I should be able to get one on eBay, shouldn't I?

Is it possible that AOL is the problem?

President of Club Polk