HT wall construction

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited June 2008 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Found this thru my drywall distributor. Thought you guys building dedicated HT rooms might be interested.

http://www.quietsolution.com

Chuck
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited May 2008
    Options
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited June 2008
    Options
    Oooo, I like those! I bet thoughs could even have an effect in a 2-Ch listening room.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited June 2008
    Options
    I fail to understand why Quietrock would command 6-8 times the cost of regular grade drywall product. You literally could build a double firewall for the cost of a simple quietrock wall.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited June 2008
    Options
    I fail to understand why Quietrock would command 6-8 times the cost of regular grade drywall product. You literally could build a double firewall for the cost of a simple quietrock wall.

Because its specialty. I'm sure it has a different make up than regular sheetrock, but IMHO I doubt it costs 6X the cost to produce.