What kind of car should I get that would sound good?

danyo1332
danyo1332 Posts: 2
edited May 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have 2 kicker subs that are 1200 RMS and a 3000watt quantum amp in my cavalier..and inside it sounds great..but outside all it does it rattle!I was going to dynamat it, but i think id rather just get a new car..i was going to get a jeep but i think it would leak because of the plastic windows..then thought about getting a hatchback..but idk what kind?anyone know any that arent TOO expensive..im looking to spen like 5k max..thanks!
Post edited by danyo1332 on

Comments

• seeclear
    seeclear Posts: 1,242
    edited May 2008
    Welcome to Club Polk! You might get better responses over in the car audio portion of the fora. ;)
    "Don't forget to change your politician. They are like diapers they need to be changed regularly, and for the same reason."
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2008
    Honda Accord or Nissan Altima.

Both are very well built which means less rattles. The Nissan also has great provisions for a system. Massive kick panels and a massive dash! The Honda isnt quite as good. Although the door locations are good there is a fuse box and hood latch in the drivers kick.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited May 2008
    u know... my dad is the GM of a big nissan store and the altima coup is actualy not built that great...

The lexus is300 is pretty solid, i was looking at my sisters the other day.... its got tweats in the a pillar, 6x9 in the rear and true 6.5 in the doors. + room in the kicks.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • raggadiman
    raggadiman Posts: 8
    edited May 2008
    3 words,,,,,,Bavarian Motor Werks.:D Not the Roadster though,,,,.
    Alpine CDA 9885
    Alpine SPX 13REFs in front.
    Alpine SPS 400s in rear.
    Polk bd 1000 in rear.
    Infinity Basslink in trunk.
    All in a BMW Z3 Roadie!:eek:
  • onthefenceman
    onthefenceman Posts: 13
    edited May 2008
    If you've got the dough, a BMW would be great. More expensive to work on, but motor-wise are bullet-proof.

You'll need to narrow down your options a bit - are you looking for a coupe, sedan, wagon, SUV? Do you have a long commute (ie, need high gas mileage) or do you want a more powerful car for light usage?

Strangely enough, the option that springs to mind is an Accord wagon. The ones from the mid-90s are pretty decent looking and in your price range. There are lots of aftermarket body components for these, and the gas mileage & reliability are both good. Plus, you'll have plenty of space for hauling stereo gear around.

Give a better idea of what your needs are, and we can point you in a better direction.

OTF
  • Dakota_chevy
    Dakota_chevy Posts: 16
    edited May 2008
    if you like hatches, a toyota matrix is set up pretty well. very good setup that carries would be a cinch
    2000 Chevy Blazer
    db212-2