Addikts Ride/install

addikt
addikt Posts: 36
edited May 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey guys over the next few days im gonna introduce my car well ute ill start from the begining as i realy got into car audio by trying to make this car better than it was when i bought it ok so the car is a 2002 holden vy ute wich i purchased in september 2004 my pride and joy i was as proud as punch i was only 19 doing a furniture making apprenticeship and i know in the scheme of things its not a ferari or a merk or a porshe but for me and the average 19 year old in regional vic australia i think my car was pretty sh**it hot and yes it was the base model no extras stock standard holden ute but i loved it.............
here are the pictures of when i got it (sorry they are attachments)

stay tuned for the continuation and more pics......
Post edited by addikt on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited May 2008
    Youre steering wheel is on the wrong side.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • black magic
    black magic Posts: 669
    edited May 2008
    Sweet car! They should get those over here. Good luck with your audio install :)

I bought my first car (civic) in high school which is still the car I'm driving today, and I still think its "the ****" :D
  • addikt
    edited May 2008
    thanks guys and the steering wheel is on the right side (literally) i live in aus

ok so todays entry:
    my ute remained stock for about 2 years untill i hat a job which paid reasonably and something in my head clicked i had always made plans to do up my car but never did anything about it so now was defenently the time to do it the first thing on my list was a set of rims looked around for a couple of weeks and finaly found a set that took my fancey they were speedy envys 19"by 8.5" and i loved them....
    but this brought up another problem.... the ride height i knew it sat a fair way off the ground but seriously with the 19s it was rediculous so the very next day it was off to the suspention shop to get it lowered i got king springs super lows and new shocks and because of irs (independant rear suspention) a camber kit for the rear and now it was looking the part.....

then soon after folowed the begining of my sound system (witch in heinsite i wish i never started coz now im addicted) i started with a hu and a set of splits the hu was an eclipse cd7000 and its still the one i use i like it and the splits were eclipse eclipse sc8264s i liked em until i got realy involved in measq (mobile electronics aus sound quality comps)

any ways sick of writing for today ill do more later on
    here is some more pics!!!
  • eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited May 2008
    lowered like that, it kinda looks like the new concept car el camino... how many horesys and how quick is it?

2008-holden-ve-ute.jpg
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • addikt
    edited May 2008
    haha thats the ve holden ute they have been out here for about a year now its the same brand as mine just the newer model i read that they are exporting them to america to pontiac same as the sedans and hey 50cent is the face of them or some **** but they are australian and they r a holden ute aparently they couldnt be called utes there because of some indian tribe or something
  • eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited May 2008
    yeah... its pontiac.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited May 2008
    addikt wrote: »
    thanks guys and the steering wheel is on the right side (literally) i live in aus

That's fine but the steering wheel is still on the wrong side. Oh and you guys drive on the wrong side of the road too. :p;)
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • addikt
    edited May 2008
    ok so we are up to me having my head unit and splits in then came the subs and amp: i started with 2 eclipse sw7000 subs rated at 450wrms and a da6213 digital power amplifier rated at 1000wrms this went pretty good and then came my amp for my splits an eclipse ea2000 very nice amp i might add.

a few months passed and the owner of the store i bought said come down this weekend and check out the measq comps i did and ended up competing and i came 9th not having a clue on what it was all about i got feedback from the judges and found that its all about stageing imaging tonality...etc etc and also was told i had some resonance in my doors and lacking midbase so i bought myself some dynamat i started with 2 door kits and did my doors liked what it did so then decided to do my floor rear firewall and my roof witch took 2 bulk packs of the stuff but i believe it helps alot.

ok by now i had popped my subs i split the cones away from the rubber so i got myself 2 treo ssi10's rated at 750wrms and another eclipse da6213 amp this went loud but was nice at the same time i also learned how to tune a bit and that was good coz at the next sq comp i came equal first i was stoked!!!

got my seats custom upholstered made some tweeter pods and had my roof lining upholstered and my door trims done aswell new steering wheel gear nob hand brake all still holden but leather and satin chrome any ways here is some pics

anyways pics in order:\
    1:interior
    2:dynamat firewall
    3:dynamat floor
    4:dynamat door
    5: old seats
    6:tweeter pods
    7:roof lining re trimmed
    8: rear firewall amps
    9:new seats

enjoy
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited May 2008
    ummm...it seems like Ive seen this install before.......
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • addikt
    edited May 2008
    i posted a couple of pics when i was asking about sub boxes
  • thumpin07
    thumpin07 Posts: 217
    edited May 2008
    nice install nonetheless
    tyler birch

ht system
    denon avr-1907
    monitor 70 towers-polkaudio
    nakamichi bx -100 tape deck
    sony 5 disc cd/dvd player hdmi ready
    velodyne dps-12 subwoofer

Car audio

AMP: FUSION EN-AM8001 800 watts max 368 watts rms x 1 channel @ 2 ohms stable
    SUB: 12 INCH 1000W DVC VOLFENHAG 2 Ohm stable useable ohms 2-8ohms
  • addikt
    edited May 2008
    ok so i popped the treos aswell so i began to look for new subs and came across the polk sr104 and i liked it so i bought it then i got myself some sr6500 splits aswell and they sound fantastic not lacking in mid bass like the eclipse were and have now redone my rear firewall well mostly still gotta do the beauty pannel mainly to accomidate the polk crossovers coz they wouldnt fit in my kicks coz they r so big and im halfway through re doing my tweeter pods make them not stand out as much as the red did....
  • black magic
    black magic Posts: 669
    edited May 2008
    nice sub box. looks very nice. What material did you use to cover it?