MMC6500 crossovers

b1b2b3
b1b2b3 Posts: 5
edited June 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey all,

I have recently purchased some MMC6500 components and when I went to install them, I got a bit confused with the 4 inputs and 4 outputs.. It says on the sticker thats covering the 4 inputs (tweeter +/- and woofer +/-) that for single input mode, use only Tweeter +/- BUT for dual input mode use both Tweeter +/- and Woofer +/-. There is a switch to select Dual or Single input. There is no labelled connection for GND, and there is also NO switch for Midrange Extension although in the book it says there is?

I don't plan on using any bi-amplification so I am just seeking confirmation as to what I do.
I was thinking that I need to put the speaker wire from the H/U to the Tweeter Input +/- and just leave the Woofer Input +/- with nothing going into it. Then of course the Woofer Output +/- goes to the woofer and the Tweeter Output +/- oes to the tweeter.

Is this correct?

Cheers
Post edited by b1b2b3 on

Comments

• zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited May 2008
    This would be better posted in the automotive section and good luck with your question; I have no idea :o.
  • allknowing001
    allknowing001 Posts: 8
    edited June 2008
    this is correct!
  • b1b2b3
    b1b2b3 Posts: 5
    edited June 2008
    Thanks for the reply allknowing001. zingo, I don't see how I should have posted this in the automotive section? This is the car audio section, and my speakers, while hey may be marine speakers, are stil good for car use, so I'm pretty sure I posted it in the right place :).

Thanks again allknowing001, I have actually already hooked it up, using my theory and it work's. I had to go with my gut because I wasn't getting any replies here :).
  • candaddy
    candaddy Posts: 54
    edited June 2008
    Hook your amp to the tweeter input, put the switch on "single" and hook the tweeter to the tweeter output and the mid to the mid output. There was no midrange extension on mine either, I'm assuming that was something that was either discontinued or simply never made it to production. Once it's working for you, you might try swapping the + and - leads on the tweeter and see if it sounds better or worse (the manual suggests this also).
  • allknowing001
    allknowing001 Posts: 8
    edited June 2008
    yeah, sorry for the slow reply but i haven't been on the forums in a long time. and i say you put it in the right place, at least that's where i found it!

anyway that's how i've had my MMC6500's hooked up for a while, but now i'm wondering about biamping since my amp has some decent crossover capabilities...