He's Back!

Options
jrausch
jrausch Posts: 510
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Looks like he's going after someone else now. He told me he was going to sell it to someone there if I did'nt pay him imediately. Persistance will pay off I guess.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1946896032

Caveat Emptor

He must really want that skate board. :lol:
"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited December 2002
    Options
    just curious, did you contact ebay and see if you can put him out of business for good? let's send him to the cave of tora bora before somebody gets hurt....:mad:
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Well, I hope he didn't leave non-paying bidder negative feedback for jrausch.:lol:
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Gotta like the private auction setting, so you can't see the bidders, and thus can't warn them.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by fireshoes
    Gotta like the private auction setting, so you can't see the bidders, and thus can't warn them.

Yeah, this guy is a real "pro".:supermad:

I sent him an email asking him if his amp would be a good match for a pair of electrostatic speakers. ;)
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited December 2002
    Options
    I sent him an email before and he never replied. I wonder why? Whether he was legit or not he had a good lead on someone to sell it to, why wouldn't he follow up on it? Very strange.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Devildog
    Devildog Posts: 68
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Can't eBay security be put on alert to monitor this auction? You would think with all the tell-tale signs of fraud that they would take some pro-active steps to try to protect some innocent bidder. I've made a lot of my HT purchases from eBay and the best protection seems to be using a credit card or the escrow service, but I see he's fishing for a money order or cashiers check. If he is a thief, I wish they could nail the sucker for everyone's benefit.:supermad:
    The Revolution will not be televised.
  • jrausch
    edited December 2002
    Options
    I checked E-bay's policy on this and unless you have absolute proof you can't do anything. All we can do is hope someone is smart enough not to get taken. He blocked the bidder’s so I can't warn them, but one bidder contacted me and I gave all of the reason's I did not pay for the auction. He thanked me for letting him know and will proceed with caution. I never accused him of any wrong doing; I just let him know of my suspicions. If you have the cash to loose then this might pay off. My money is still in the bank along with my sanity. :)
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Un-freaking-believalbe!!!! What a loser!!!!:supermad:
  • jrausch
    edited December 2002
    Options
    They Bid $2800, that should be enough for the color shift paint job and ivory skull for the new board. :confused:
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    edited December 2002
    Options
    No reserve, zero feedback and the private bidder thing! I smell a rat all the way down here.
    jrausch, you were smart not to follow thru on that one.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk