Integra DTR 6.8, 7.8, 8.8 & DTC 9.8 Firmware upgrade available

Options
avguytx
avguytx Posts: 1,628
edited May 2011 in Electronics
If you happen to have an Integra DTR 6.8, 7.8, 8,8 or DTC 9.8, they just released a new firmware update. PM me if you would like the zip file emailed to you.

Here are the details....

NOTE: Units which have been calibrated using "Audyssey MultEQ Pro" software MUST update the MAIN Firmware FIRST (to v1.08 for DTC-9.8 and to v1.09 for DTR-8.8) before performing this DSP Update. This update is a fix for DTS-HD Master Audio "Pop" found on a limitied number of Blu-ray and HD-DVD discs. Please print full instructions (PDF) and read CAREFULLY included in the attached ZIP file.
Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
Post edited by avguytx on

Comments

• WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,713
    edited May 2008
    Options
    Do you have just the dsp update? Or the firmware as well? Sending a PM.

Thanks.
  • WilliamM2
    edited May 2008
    Options
    Thanks Kip,

I sent another PM.
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited May 2008
    Options
    FYI: If you go to Onkyo's website and put in your model and serial, you can download the DSP update and instructions directly from them.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • avguytx
    edited May 2008
    Options
    So how's about a link to that particular area since you mentioned it? Most people would never realize there's an update unless they just checked there every week or so.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • WilliamM2
    edited May 2008
    Options
    FYI: If you go to Onkyo's website and put in your model and serial, you can download the DSP update and instructions directly from them.

You must be registered to download the update. I have an Onkyo PR-SC885P, and there is no way to register it online, it's not in the drop down list on Onkyo's site, and Onkyo Pro's site has no registration page.

Much easier to get the DSP update at AVS forum where it has been available for a month or more.

And Onkyo will not let you download the main firmware, which avguytx has so generously offered to share with us also. Onkyo support and customer service absolutely sucks.

Thanks again avguytx!
  • WilliamM2
    edited May 2008
    Options
    avguytx wrote: »
    So how's about a link to that particular area since you mentioned it? Most people would never realize there's an update unless they just checked there every week or so.

And you won't find any mention of it on Onkyo's site either, nor do they even mention there are any updates available, except for the 605, which they tell you to ship to a service center. So how would they check it, or even know that there is anything to check?
  • avguytx
    edited May 2008
    Options

~~~Yawn~~~~

Still waiting on the linky.
  • kuntasensei
    edited May 2008
    Options
    My bad. It was from Onkyo's support e-mail. Go here.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • millerman 3732
    millerman 3732 Posts: 1,488
    edited May 2008
    Options
    I updated the DSP on my 805 from this site.

http://rapidshare.de/files/38949782/DSP_UPG_TX_705_-_905.zip.html

Some guy's over at AVS posted the link, just choose the free option and follow the directions, it fixed the DTS audio bomb for me, well so far the Orphanage is the only DTS MA track I've played since the update. I still haven't updated the main firmware yet.
    Casey
    H/T: Epson 6500ub
    Sony UBP-X800
    Toshiba HD-XA2 (HD-DVD, CD)
    Onkyo 805 (pre-amp)
    Outlaw 7125
    Polk RTi 10 (bi-amped)
    Polk CSi5 (bi-amped)
    Polk RTi6
    SVS PB 12 plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1

TV Rig: Samsung 50'' 4k display
    Polk Signa-1 Surround bar
  • WilliamM2
    edited May 2008
    Options
    My bad. It was from Onkyo's support e-mail. Go here.

see where it says your product must be registered? Now if you could post a link where I can register the PR-SC885, that would be great, because when I enter my serial # and email address, I get nothing, except a notice that my product is not registered.
  • avguytx
    edited May 2008
    Options
    Hey, William...there is a www.onkyopro.com website but I don't know if any registration can be done from there.
  • WilliamM2
    edited May 2008
    Options
    avguytx wrote: »
    Hey, William...there is a www.onkyopro.com website but I don't know if any registration can be done from there.

It can't. Doesn't really matter, I already have the DSP update, got it a month ago.
  • kuntasensei
    edited May 2008
    Options
    WilliamM2 wrote: »
    It can't. Doesn't really matter, I already have the DSP update, got it a month ago.

Then... why do you care? :D
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • WilliamM2
    edited May 2008
    Options
    Then... why do you care? :D

Just pointing out that your link won't work for everyone. And what about the next DSP update?
  • kuntasensei
    edited May 2008
    Options
    I'm sure new links will present themselves when that time comes... and I'm sure Joerod over at AVS will continue to keep us updated with firmwares as they are released, just like he did with these.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • avguytx
    edited May 2008
    Options
    I see them because I log into the support site for both Onkyo and Integra and I typically get an email from Integra when the revisions come out.
  • WilliamM2
    edited May 2008
    Options
    I'm sure new links will present themselves when that time comes... and I'm sure Joerod over at AVS will continue to keep us updated with firmwares as they are released, just like he did with these.

Joerod? Everyone seems to think he has some inside source, yet he is never the first to post new versions. He posted that he had 1.08 from his source...about 15 minutes after I uploaded the file and shared a link with everyone. Coincidence?

My comment on the next DSP update was refering to the fact that I will still not be able to use it, because Onkyo has no way of registering the 885. And after 9 months of ownership, they still have not corrected the issue.
  • avguytx
    edited May 2008
    Options
    WilliamM2 wrote: »
    Joerod? Everyone seems to think he has some inside source, yet he is never the first to post new versions. He posted that he had 1.08 from his source...about 15 minutes after I uploaded the file and shared a link with everyone. Coincidence?

My comment on the next DSP update was refering to the fact that I will still not be able to use it, because Onkyo has no way of registering the 885. And after 9 months of ownership, they still have not corrected the issue.

Let me email one of my inside tech buddies at Onkyo/Integra and see if I can get ahold of it.
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited May 2008
    Options
    I just updated my 885 with the 1.08 firmware update and did the dsp update via cd/optical. All went well. I will finish setting up the pre/pro during the day.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • birdboy
    birdboy Posts: 1
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Ive downloaded the firmware update -- when I burn the CD --is it ISO or standard redbook?
  • avguytx
    edited July 2008
    Options
    It's ISO, IIRC.
  • tt9488
    tt9488 Posts: 1
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Hi,
    Can you email me the zip file for this firmware update? My email address is tt9488@gmail.com. Thanks in advance.

Tam
  • SquelchOil
    SquelchOil Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I know it's an old thread, but being a new member I can't PM yet. Does anyone have a copy of the firmware? Like most everyone else, I don't really want to send my DTR-8.8 off for service but would love to get it updated.
  • gravity3sixt
    Options
    Hi Just wondering if any one has the updates for the Integra 7.8 i am having lots of popping sounds when watching dolby digital plus.
    Cheers
    Mike
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    The problem there isn't a firmware update, it's a hardware failure. The DSP chip on the HDMI board has gotten hot enough to desolder some connections and you're hearing the results of arcing. Call up CS and they may be able to direct you to a repair shop for warranty. If you can get it replaced, before putting it back in service, adhere a heat sink to that chip, and any other large chips on the board for years of trouble free service.
  • schoeny
    Options
    Knowing this is an ancient thread, I'm hoping you guys have manuals/fw files/etc., I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
  • chou560
    Options
    Hi Guys,
    I have just stumbled on this website and registered and read your posts from back in 2008.
    I know it's been a while but just in case you guys might have the firmware file you could possible send me for a integra DTC 9.8. The issue is E2PROM error at power-up.

Thanks for the help.
  • avguytx
    Options
    I haven't been an Integra rep for over 10 years now so I cannot help with this anymore. You might try the manufacturer at www.integrahometheater.com