MOMO 6X9 Wiring???

Polkemon
Polkemon Posts: 144
edited May 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have installed in my Dodge Ram the MOMO 6X9 powered by a PDX2.150 amp. They sound good but lack bigtime midbass. I think I might have the Crossover wired wrong but not for sure since it does not have the answer in the book. I have the wire with the white strip that comes out of the supplied crossover going to Positive. Is this the Positive or Negative wire? The book does not say it just shows a picture and by looking at the picture it seems to be the Positive and not the Negative.

Thanks
NEWEST RIDE:
2006 Silver Jaguar XKR Coupe with factory BBS 20" and upgraded Brembo Brakes from factory....
Supercharger Pully Upgrade
Air Intake
Mina Exhaust System....

2007 Chevy Tahoe (Daily Driver):
Front Doors POLK sr6500
Amp front JL 450/4
Amp Sub JL 500/1
Sub JL 10w6

(Work Trucks)
2005 Mercury Mountaineer Premier 4.6L V-8
All Stock!!! In the process of changing this.

2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab 6.6L Diesel
Post edited by Polkemon on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2008
    I cant remember for 100% and I dont feel like digging them out but Im pretty sure the wire with the white stripe is positive. You can tell because the terminals only fit one way and the terminal for the positive wire on the output of the crossover has the white stripe so you can assume the input with the white stripe is positive also.

Are they like putting out pathetic midbass or just kinda thin. If theyre just on the thin side Id say let them break in over the next week or two and youll start hearing a difference. If they sound like a 3" speaker, then something else is wrong.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • black magic
    black magic Posts: 669
    edited May 2008
    Yup, I believe thats right. The wire with the white stripe is positive. What are you powering them with? Maybe you're HPF is too high?

Also, you might want to try putting them in a speaker enclosure if they're not already in an air-tight area. I think that should give you better midbass.