Capacitor Question

andrewc58
andrewc58 Posts: 1
edited May 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a capacitor and i have a question about installation. I was wondering if you can use the same ground point as the amplifier for the capacitor. Therefore you would have a ground wire from the amp and cap going to the same ground point. Is this possible without problems?
Post edited by andrewc58 on

Comments

• ShinAce
    ShinAce Posts: 1,194
    edited April 2008
    Yes, it's the correct way to do it.

You want the cap as close to the amp as possible, hopefully sharing the same wires.
  • thumpin07
    thumpin07 Posts: 217
    edited May 2008
    andrewc58 wrote: »
    I have a capacitor and i have a question about installation. I was wondering if you can use the same ground point as the amplifier for the capacitor. Therefore you would have a ground wire from the amp and cap going to the same ground point. Is this possible without problems?

my question to you is do you need a capacitor, I will be running three alpine type r 12 inch dvc subs rated at 500watts rms, powered by three polk pa series amps plus polk/momo components in the front (possibly bi-amped) and i wont be running a capacitor. From what people here tell me you just need a good alternator and a good battery.
    tyler birch

ht system
    denon avr-1907
    monitor 70 towers-polkaudio
    nakamichi bx -100 tape deck
    sony 5 disc cd/dvd player hdmi ready
    velodyne dps-12 subwoofer

Car audio

AMP: FUSION EN-AM8001 800 watts max 368 watts rms x 1 channel @ 2 ohms stable
    SUB: 12 INCH 1000W DVC VOLFENHAG 2 Ohm stable useable ohms 2-8ohms
  • thumpin07
    thumpin07 Posts: 217
    edited May 2008
    i drive a crown vic i know ill need a new battery probably will be a optima battery, but i believe my alternator is good for now if i run into problems then i will upgrade it.
    tyler birch

ht system
    denon avr-1907
    monitor 70 towers-polkaudio
    nakamichi bx -100 tape deck
    sony 5 disc cd/dvd player hdmi ready
    velodyne dps-12 subwoofer

Car audio

AMP: FUSION EN-AM8001 800 watts max 368 watts rms x 1 channel @ 2 ohms stable
    SUB: 12 INCH 1000W DVC VOLFENHAG 2 Ohm stable useable ohms 2-8ohms