5.25" Components

swerve
swerve Posts: 1,862
edited May 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
For awhile I thought I was going to sell my audio stuff.... well selling it is not going too good so I have just decided to put it all back into my car (97 Cutlass Supreme).

So I guess I have 5.25 components in the doors and I was thinking about buying new ones. Problem is I don't have much money right now and I need to book a hotel room for 2 nights in August.... and pay off a credit card.

I have been racking my brain to come up with cheap ideas... and I have decided on trying to reuse my Kicker SS components... the problem with this is I KNOW a tweeter is blown. Is there anyway to fix this other than buying replacement tweeters?

Or does anyone know anyone selling 5.25 components?

Ideally I would put polk in, but i'm in a situation where I have to use what i got.

thanks,
adam
cats.vans.bag...
Post edited by swerve on

Comments

• eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited April 2008
    check craigslist
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • tk421
    tk421 Posts: 156
    edited May 2008
    no, sorry dude. if it was just a wire to re-solder on the tweeter, then u could fix it... but if it is blown, u need to replace it.

also, it's very difficult to buy just a single tweeter (ie - the same EXACT one for your set).

you can consider:
    -running the components with just one tweeter for now... u may not miss the other too much.
    - or you can buy a real el-cheapo for like 20 bucks a pair.