LSi25 rear controls

Options
kapila
kapila Posts: 4
Can someone explain the controls (knobs & switches ) at the back of LSi25 speakers ???
Post edited by kapila on

Comments

• schumach
    schumach Posts: 199
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Volume: Controls the volume for the powered sub only.

Frequency(cross-over): Sets the cutoff frequency for the sub when using the binding post or line level input.

LFE: If using the LFE/sub port on the receiver use this for sub connection. NOTE that the cross-over knob does not work with this port and make sure to remove connectors on binding post.

Line: If using the preouts on the receiver use this connection. NOTE the cross-over will work with this connection and also make sure to remove the connectors on the binding post.
  • kapila
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Thanks Greg. What are the 2 switches for ? The 1st one is a power on/off/auto. Auto ??? The 2nd is a phase norm/rev.

Deepak
  • schumach
    edited December 2002
    Options
    If you are using the speakers in the front you should leave the phase on norm.

The power switch is for the powered sub only. On and off is what it says, auto puts the amp in standby and when it receives a singal powers up. It will power down after 10 or 15 minutes of not receiving a signal. Most users use the auto.

Have fun with the speakers. They do take some time to setup. My brother owns a pair and it took us about 25 minutes to set the subs using AVIA and an SPL. Once set the speakers sound great.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited December 2002
    Options
    kapila, very nice speakers. For the $ they should have had a great "manual". Sounds like u are a beginner. Good Luck. Many of use are very knowledgeable so use and abuse us. Later:)
  • schumach
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Scott,

You would think the manual would explain something, but it actually has incorrect statements and nothing on the controls. If the manual that comes with the speaker is not detail, I think there should be a more detailed manual online. Just my two cents.
  • kapila
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Thanks a lot guys for the help. Setting up was not a problem and I am not really a beginner. I have been a Polkie since 1992. The point I was trying to make is how come such top of the line speakers have such a lousy manual.

Deepak

My setup :

TV - Sony 29 inches
    Amp : Yamaha DSP A2
    VHS : Sharp VC H91
    DVD : Sony DVP K360
    LD : Pioneer CLD 2950
    Speakers : LSi 25 front, CSi40 center, M3II Front effect and M3II rear surrounds
  • Rotarydude
    Rotarydude Posts: 40
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Anyone know of a way to NOT use the power amp on the LSi25 rather use another amp to power the two subwooferS?
    Family room:
    2xLSi25, 1xLSiC, 4xLSiFX, SVS 20-39PC+, PT-52DL52, TS160, DTR 9.1, DVR985, DVL-700, CDP-C910, Panamax 5500 connected by Canare (4S11 w/Vampire and L-5CFB)

Masterbed room:
    2xAR312-HO, 1xAR4C, 2xAR15, NHT Subone, WT-46805, SR-HD500, M-VR900, Denon 1600, Monster HTS-3500 connected by Monster Cables

Waiting:
    Denon 5900, Denon 2200, and a 7 Channel 4ohm stable amp!
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by Rotarydude
    Anyone know of a way to NOT use the power amp on the LSi25 rather use another amp to power the two subwooferS?
    Get a screwdriver out and just remove that black chunk of electronics from the speaker box......though...........I guess at that point of not using the 25's built in amp, you'd essentially have 15's, but probably more accurately you'd have Lsi9's with a sub that was built into the cabinet...........

Buyer remorse?
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Rotarydude
    edited December 2002
    Options
    no not yet. Just wondering. I'm still experiencing the different setup.

Kind of lost to how the terminal post are all connected together. I am currently running a bi-wire from receiver to the 4 post on the LSi25 without the jumper. Than a set of RCA cable from the pre-out from the receiver to the line-level input on the LSi.

It seems that even when I pull out the low pass of the bi-wire, it doesn't effect anything. so I'm assuming the the lower 2 post are to signal the sub??
    Family room:
    2xLSi25, 1xLSiC, 4xLSiFX, SVS 20-39PC+, PT-52DL52, TS160, DTR 9.1, DVR985, DVL-700, CDP-C910, Panamax 5500 connected by Canare (4S11 w/Vampire and L-5CFB)

Masterbed room:
    2xAR312-HO, 1xAR4C, 2xAR15, NHT Subone, WT-46805, SR-HD500, M-VR900, Denon 1600, Monster HTS-3500 connected by Monster Cables

Waiting:
  • Rotarydude
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Well here's my problem...

The Integra DTR9.1 has jumpers on the Pre-out for L/C/R. Back to the AMP in. If I remove the jumper and connect a RCA patch cable from the Pre-Out to the Line-In on the LSi25. My DTR9.1 will not power the high section.

What I did was use a Y-Adapter and plug the male ends of the Yadapter to the Pre-out of the Left and Amp-in Left, same goes on the right side. This way I run a patch cable from the female end of the Y-adapter to each of the LSi25 Line-in. However I don't know if this will "Hurt" my DTR9.1 or the amps on the LSi25.

Suggestions? I really don't want to run a bi-wire to the speaker-line input (High convert to low, than back to high...too much chances of inducing noise).
    Family room:

Masterbed room:

Waiting: