FS: AMC Dac 8

RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited April 2008 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
AMC DAC 8 D/A Converter

AMC DAC8 - 4 Digital Inputs -- 1 Optical + 3 Coaxial, 2 Outputs -- 1 Digital (BNC) + 1 Analog

APPLICATIONS AND FEATURES

The AMC model DAC8 was designed to meet professional quality standards for Digital to Analog signal conversion.

The highest grade of components are used throughout with critical components selected for the sonic performance.

Double sided, through hole plated, Printed Circuit Board.

The AMC model DAC8 provides 4 selectable S/PDIF inputs, 3 coaxial and one fiber optic.

The DAC8 can automatically lock to either 32 KHz, 44.1 KHz or 48 KHz digital sampling rates for use with laser disc players, CD÷Õ or DAT machines.

The AMC model DAC8 uses the latest generation of bit stream continuous calibration ultra-linear Digital to Analog Converter, with inherently low jitters.

For those users with digital recording capabilities, the DAC8 has a digital output for connection to DAT, MD or DCC type machines, thus maintaining the ultimate in recording quality

The AMC DAC8 provided an accurately calibrated output level in accordance with the EIA (Electronic Industries Association) recommended standard of 2 volts. This output level provides the best possible performance particularly for home theater users.

The fiber optic input provides electrical isolation from Laser Disc players, thereby avoiding conducted interference from Video sources into the Audio chain.

The superior performance of the DAC8 will provide not only improved technical specifications to your system, it will also significantly upgrade its sonic qualities.

SPECIFICATIONS

THD 20 Hz - 20KHz and SMPTE IMD
0.005% A-WTD at 2Vrms
Signal to Noise Ratio 104dB
Output Level 2V rms
Frequency Response 20 - 20 KHz, + -0.3dB
Channel Separation 90 dB
Resolution 18 bits
Linearity up to -90 dB +/-0.5dB

Input automatically locked to 32K, 44.1K and 48KHz SPDIF digital signals.

PHYSICAL PROPERTIES
Dimensions (W x H x D)
430 x 82 x 300 mm
Net Weight
4.2 Kgs

Sold in full working order, minor marking on top from use, not abuse. Facia is clean. Outstanding sound and features for twice the price. I've been using this in conjuction with an AMC cd player as transport only. They made this gem from 1996 to 2004, with an MSRP of $249. $140 shipped.
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited April 2008
    I have this DAC and recommend it; it cannot be beat for the price.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2008
    how would this compare to my CAL tube DAC?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2008
    Which CAL do you have?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2008
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Which CAL do you have?

Alpha
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2008
    Comparable, I'd probably give the edge to the Alpha.
  • sda2mike
    sda2mike Posts: 3,131
    edited April 2008
    i've got one too....made my sony carousel mellow out:cool: i recommend it;)
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,151
    edited April 2008
    Use one in my computer system. It does a nice job.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2008
    This is a.....
  • Gadabout
    Gadabout Posts: 1,072
    edited April 2008
    PM sent
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. ..... Frank Zappa