Cheap batteries

Ricardo
Ricardo Posts: 10,636
edited April 2008 in The Clubhouse
Found this site where you can get really cheap batteries.

http://www.batteriesandbutter.com/

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
SOPA
Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
Post edited by Ricardo on

Comments

• trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited April 2008
    Have you tried them? cheap is nice, but are they any good?

-Luc
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2008
    Its not a brand, its a retailer that sales the major brands.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Ricardo
    edited April 2008
    No, I have not tried them.....yet.

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited April 2008
    Thanks for the heads up.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,621
    edited April 2008
    Where's the butter?
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited April 2008
    Polkitup2 wrote: »
    Where's the butter?

Yeah? I am really more interested in the butter.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited April 2008
    I get free batteries. Duracell R&D is in my facility I work in. :D

If it's free, it's for me.

Good chance alot of those batteries are probably fakes.
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited April 2008
    I get Ray-o-Vac Alkaline AA's or AAA's cheaper locally in 30 packs. And no shipping charge.
  • Midnite Mick
    Midnite Mick Posts: 1,591
    edited April 2008
    I get free batteries. Duracell R&D is in my facility I work in. :D

If it's free, it's for me.

Good chance alot of those batteries are probably fakes.

No way they can be fake! They've been in business for over 50 years.:D
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited April 2008
    Surefire sells a dozen CR123's for 21 clams. Just about all the reputable battery names at this website are the same or more, so buy the Surefires if you're worried about fakes.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited April 2008
    They are not that cheap. I use Sanyo Eneloops for my camera flashes. The batteriesand butter site above has them for $10 for 4. I get them from http://thomasdistributing.com for $8.77 and these guys are super reliable. I have bought batteries and chargers from them for many years. If you want your NiHM batteries to last longer....use a slow charger...not one of the 30 minute fast cookers.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • MKZ
    MKZ Posts: 1,068
    edited April 2008
    shack wrote: »
    They are not that cheap. I use Sanyo Eneloops for my camera flashes. The batteriesand butter site above has them for $10 for 4. I get them from http://thomasdistributing.com for $8.77 and these guys are super reliable. I have bought batteries and chargers from them for many years. If you want your NiHM batteries to last longer....use a slow charger...not one of the 30 minute fast cookers.

That's true I use the same. I bought this from Costco for $20.
  • Ricardo
    edited April 2008
    I thought the typical AA and AAA had a great price; I don't think you can get 40 AA's for $16 in many places...but after adding shipping and handling it comes very close to what I've seen in other internet retailers. Still a pretty good deal IMO.

You guys can keep buying them at Walgreens if you want. While you're at it, you can get some butter.

SOPA
  • shack
    edited April 2008
    I like the MAHA line of chargers. I bought THIS ONE and it works very well.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited April 2008
    Ricardo wrote: »
    I thought the typical AA and AAA had a great price; I don't think you can get 40 AA's for $16 in many places...but after adding shipping and handling it comes very close to what I've seen in other internet retailers. Still a pretty good deal IMO.

You guys can keep buying them at Walgreens if you want. While you're at it, you can get some butter.

I buy the Ray-O-Vac alkalines at Walmart. A 30 pack of AA's is $8.92. AAA's are about a buck less. That is way less than 40 for $16, and as I said before, no shipping.
  • Ricardo
    edited April 2008
    Nice comparison, Ray-O-Vac with Duracell.

SOPA
  • shack
    edited April 2008
    Ricardo wrote:
    Nice comparison, Ray-O-Vac with Duracell.

I've used both...and notice little difference between the two. I buy The Ray-O-Vacs to use in most anything but my camera gear, and I use rechargable NiHM batteries there.

• Ricardo
    edited April 2008
    Hmmm.....I guess I'll have to try out some Ray-O-Vacs then...

SOPA