Imagine being trapped in a elevator for 41 hours?

Face
Face Posts: 14,340
edited April 2008 in The Clubhouse
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
Post edited by Face on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,448
    edited April 2008
    Ugh!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited April 2008
    I hate elevators, and THAT didn't help!!!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited April 2008
    That sounds terrible, but now I know what to do with my Christmas tree this year.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2008
    Wow, that would suck. Having to piss and **** in a corner for two days wouldn't be pleasant either. Talk about farting in an elevator is bad...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited April 2008
    This...whoa!
    Loading up an empty elevator car with discarded Christmas trees, pressing the button for the top floor, then throwing in a match, so that by the time the car reaches the top it is ablaze with heat so intense that the alloy (called “babbitt”) connecting the cables to the car melts, and the car, a fireball now, plunges into the pit: this practice, apparently popular in New York City housing projects, is inadvisable.

Not advisable but still...must be an impressive sight!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited April 2008
    Friggin' New Yorker articles are the most long-winded pretentious things. Jesus Christ. It almost took 41 hours to read through the damn thing.

I feel for the guy who was trapped and all, but really, letting your life fall apart from one limited traumatic experience from which you emerged physically unscathed.... a bit excessive, no? Visit a therapist, get a lawyer, and move on.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited April 2008
    Where would one "poo-poo" if stuck in an elevator for 41hrs? Hey, you were thinking it too...
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 996
    edited April 2008
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Where would one "poo-poo" if stuck in an elevator for 41hrs? Hey, you were thinking it too...

You wouldn't have to, you'd be scared sh*tless! :D
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited April 2008
    I'm too nosy and restless to be stuck somewhere for that amount of time. The only way you could keep me in the same place for that long would be to "confine" me there.
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited April 2008
    Interesting story but damn, I stopped reading at page 3. An article that can be explained well in a couple paragraphs they have dragged out to eight pages :eek:

The video was pretty cool watching him run around and continually spread open the doors to find nothing more than a wall.
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited April 2008
    "Elevator log: hour 38. I now have conclusive proof that the 'door open' button does not actually function. I suspect, actually, that it never really has."

-some poster.
    -Ignorance is strength -