Cheap Sound System Video Take A Look

only126db
only126db Posts: 157
edited April 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
Total $475.....8 mids, 4 tweets, 2 amps and one 10" sub....
th_BestTuningICanDoForNow.jpg
Post edited by only126db on

Comments

• eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited April 2008
    ???????????????
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • only126db
    edited April 2008
    ???????????????

???????????????:confused:
  • eloplayspolo
    edited April 2008
    the most impressive part of the movie was seeing that u only used a regular digital camera to record that, it looks great. good choice on the camera :)
    2013 Toyota Prius
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • black magic
    black magic Posts: 669
    edited April 2008
  • only126db
    edited April 2008
    That sure seems like a lot of vibrating for just 1 10" sub.

It's a pretty beefy 10".....
    100_1122.jpg
  • only126db
    edited April 2008
    the most impressive part of the movie was seeing that u only used a regular digital camera to record that, it looks great. good choice on the camera :)

$80 and it came with a full size photo printer :D
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited April 2008

So wait a minute here. You haven't been around here for a full year yet and when you came in here, you were asking for advice on what to buy for a stereo in your car.

This dude shows up, posts a video of his setup that he bought without begging everyone here for help and tuned himself and you're bagging on him? WTF? So because you told me I'm a big meanie and you have a bunch of little buddies running around here you all of a sudden have the right to go trashing others? Where do you get off?

Oh and to those who asked me to leave this nimrod alone and not get on his case, I can't let this one slide. Sorry.

only126db, how did you score something like that for $475? What do you have in it? What kind of power is it running? Is any of it Polk Audio gear?

And for those who want to know why a 10" sub sounds like that, cabin loading can do alot for you. So can having what looks like a pretty old Toyota which probably rattles in the wind let alone with a subwoofer in it. It's also not unheard of to hit some impressive numbers with minimal gear. If your box is built right that is. You can actually pick up dB's by just tuning your enclosure to maximize your sub's efficiency.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • eloplayspolo
    edited April 2008
    wow.... i wasnt bagging... just teasing, and i was dead serious about the camera. i actually never came here asking what to buy...... i purchased my **** before i came here, but thank you. so mean i swear!
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • Jstas
    edited April 2008
    Is this not your first post?

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53921

And do you not ask about Dynamat and other installation accessories?

We were all n00bs at one point junior and the only time even the most knowledgeable person here gets any slack on giving a n00b a hard time or any kind of guff for his first install is if they have a chip on their shoulder and need to be busted down a notch.

This guy came in here and posted a video that he was proud of on a stereo that he put together and is equally as proud of and you "tease" him by saying the only thing worth mentioning was that he used a digital camera to film it? What the hell is wrong with you? That's even too prickish for ME! Before that it was a row of question marks. You're lucky he seems to be good-natured and took it in stride. But you, you need to check yourself. There are people here that will school you any day of the week. You're still a novice too. I'm not the most knowledgeable one here but I'm the one least afraid of pissing everyone else off by coming down on someone who is out of line.

Joke or not, you were out of line. You've been out of line for a while and I have kept my mouth shut out of courtesy to a few who have asked me to. Being enthusiastic and eager to help is one thing but acting like king of the heap and a cocky little brat is another.

• black magic
    edited April 2008
    only126db wrote: »
    It's a pretty beefy 10".....
    100_1122.jpg

damn, that magnet is huge. What sub is that, if you don't mind me asking?
    oh, and congrats on the install :)
  • Jstas
    edited April 2008
    damn, that magnet is huge. What sub is that, if you don't mind me asking?
    oh, and congrats on the install :)

Don't feel bad, I asked too! Looks stout but that motor structure is pretty shallow. I don't imagine it's got huge excursion limits.

• eloplayspolo
    edited April 2008
    ... i didnt ask for help purchasing ****.... um lol... im gonna say that this is definatly not his first install if u look at the pics in that album..... take a look and u will see. take a chill pill
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • only126db
    edited April 2008
    Well here's a breakdown of what the system includes...

Head unit = Kenwood KDC138($75)
    Midranges= 8 MCM Electronics 6.5" woofers($10 each)
    Tweets= 2prs Power Acoustik NB4's($20 per pair)
    Sub= Kove Audio Armageddon KMGX10D 10"($40 used)
    Sub Amp= MTX Blue Thunder Pro150X2($25 used)
    Mid Amp= Hifonics ZXI6006($150)
    4g wire kit= American Accesories($30)
    Wood/Extras= ($30)

I had two Polk DX12.4's installed trying three different sized boxes and none really gave me what I wanted, then I switched to the Kove and have gotten closer but I still need more power to fully take my speakers to their full potential. I will be switching all my amps and subs in the near future.....

Oh and my truck doesnt rattle, it is as solid as off the showroom floor, I got a hell of a deal on it...

As for the excursion on my sub...it's a prototype from what I have been able to find out, it's bigger brothers KMGX12D and KMGX15D had 3" excursion...I dont have enough power to get it to peak.

Heres a vid of it's excursion with only around 325-350watts....
    th_ArmageddonKMGX10D10inchExcursion.jpg
  • black magic
    edited April 2008
    Nice!

yeah, I'd say Polk is geared more towards SQ than SPL. And how do you keep a truck that old in such good shape?! I'm not trying to be an ****, it actually looks like its in pristine condition.
  • only126db
    edited April 2008
    Nice!

yeah, I'd say Polk is geared more towards SQ than SPL. And how do you keep a truck that old in such good shape?! I'm not trying to be an ****, it actually looks like its in pristine condition.

I got lucky..Saw it on the side of the road for sale last year when goin around to dealerships....has 146000 on it now,
    v6 cruise control, a/c, still gets 26mpg.....I tend to keep up on tune ups and oil changes regularly, usually before it's needed...and wash it a couple times a weak:D
  • eloplayspolo
    edited April 2008
    its a toyota, it will run forever if u maintain it correctly.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Mosconi 6to8 v8