Screwed at ebay

bikezappa
bikezappa Posts: 2,463
edited April 2008 in The Clubhouse
I put an esnipe bid on a Revox CD player based on this power seller having good feedback. The seller also said in the ad money back if not happy and that the cd player worked fine.

The seller changed the ad 4 days before the end and stated that the transport didn't work and was sold as is. I didn't check the ad for changes. The seller hung up on me while I was talking to him on the phone. I wasn't yelling but stataed that I felt the changed ad wasn't fair.

I think he should have relisted the CD player stating the cd player didn't work. Who wants to bid on a broken CD player?

Just a warning to others, check the complete ad for changes, even at the very bottom, before bidding or paying when you use esnipe.
Post edited by bikezappa on

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited April 2008
    Damn, that sucks. You should be able to invalidate your bid based on that. You'll have to work with e-bay which is a chore in itself, but you have a very valid case.

Can't say that I would ever think something like this could happen. Thanks for the warning because I almost always use esnipe and rarely go back and look at the ad after my bid is set.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    edited April 2008
    Did you pay for the item yet? If not, don't pay & file a dispute. If you already paid then you'll have to contact the dispute resolution department.

Good luck
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • bikezappa
    edited April 2008
    He said it was ok to change the ad 4 days left.

He appears to have done nothing against the rules but it sure does suck.

Look one final time at the ad before you pay because the seller can change it.

I now have a boat anchor.
  • bikezappa
    edited April 2008
    I'll try that heiney. Nothing more to lose.
  • bikezappa
    edited April 2008
    I paid and got a cd player 3/4 filled with popcorn and no power cord.

He said the power cord would be shipped later. Haven't seen it yet.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited April 2008
    Your guy gets the a$$hat of the month award. That just sucks.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2008
    sorry you had to deal with a loser like that.. but I also thought that if once there are bids on an item, it can't be changed?

Do all you can to file a resolution with EBay and hope that you win.

About a year ago, i shipped out a CD player and it arrived non working to the buyer. The laser lens had jolted off in transport from my house to the buyers house. No damage to the player, the box or anything. but with older CDP's their transports and lenses are fragile.

The buyer paid for a working unit, and it was working when it left my house.. Fed Ex did not damage the unit.. it was just a unfortunate circumstance that it happen. I refunded the buyer 100% of his cost including shipping. Plus I let him keep the CDP if he wanted.

He was pissed at me for what he called sending him a non working CDP, but as I told him... with older units, sometimes things get dislodged in transit. He was happy and pleased that I would refund him his money and shipping charges. I was out only $68, but I would hope that someone would do that same thing for me, if I ever received a non working unit that was suppose to be working when shipped.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • greene1968
    greene1968 Posts: 126
    edited April 2008
    i bought my son a jl audio sub and box on ebay last year, when it got here, it looked new, but sub was blown! I e-mailed the person and surprisingly a week later a brand new jl sub was at the doorstep. But then again, i bought a receiver a few years ago (denon 3801) and it didnt work, and the scumbag wouldnt refund. I filed a dispute with paypal, and lost the dispute. paypal said they could only guarantee my money if i didnt receive the product, not the condition of the product.
  • heiney9
    edited April 2008
    greene1968 wrote: »
    I filed a dispute with paypal, and lost the dispute. paypal said they could only guarantee my money if i didnt receive the product, not the condition of the product.

That's scary. I thought paypal covered items received "not as described"
  • greene1968
    greene1968 Posts: 126
    edited April 2008
    heiney9 wrote: »
    That's scary. I thought paypal covered items received "not as described"

me too...i was shocked when they said i wouldnt get a refund