surround sound VS. cats

jaysonbarnett
jaysonbarnett Posts: 257
edited April 2008 in The Clubhouse
I finally got my system up and running nice and now when my cat A.K.A. the woogie sits on my lap his ears are going crazy. He is looking up down gets off my lap chases things that are not there. So really i was wondering if any one else out there has funny cat VS surround sound stories. The woogie has also stuck his head in the port on the sub when he got a great surprise during the Helicopter crash in Broken arrow. that had to be the funniest thing i have seen i awhile and i wish a had a video
Audio:
Onkyo :tx-sr805
Polk: rti8's
Polk: rti4's
Polk: fxi3's
Polk: csi'3
Velodyne: VRP 1200
Epik: Caliber
Video:
Panasonic:TH-42PX60U 42"Plasma
Power Conditioner:
Monster Power
: HTS 3600 MKII Home Theater
Dvd:
Sony: BDP-350
Game Systems
WII
PS3
Post edited by jaysonbarnett on

Comments

• jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited April 2008
    Haha, that is funny. We have a couple of cats, and one of them actually sleeps right next to the subwoofer in the living room :eek:

Doesn't seem to bother him at all, but we have long since determined he is a......."special" cat.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited April 2008
    Not a cat story but whenever i blasted music in my room my hamsters used to come out of their plastic houses, sit on top of them and fall asleep. It was pretty strange lol.

One time I projected LOTR #3 on the wall and right in the opening scene when golem and the other hobbit are fishing, my dog decided that river looked ike a good place to swim and tried walking through the wall.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,984
    edited April 2008
    OK, not a cat story either....[by the way, that was funny - botha-ya's], but my wife and I were walking a cut through that happened to take us by the pool one dark evening when my dog Copper was just a young dog. She was so happy because we didn't have her on a leash, she just kept looking up at us until *splash*. She didn't even see it coming and she had never been exposed to water before. For all she knew, the ground just went out from under her and she was now wet and trying to swim with the most nervous of actions and a look in her eyes that 'bout made me pee in my pants. For some reason, she doesn't like the water anymore.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • jaysonbarnett
    jaysonbarnett Posts: 257
    edited April 2008
    One time I projected LOTR #3 on the wall and right in the opening scene when golem and the other hobbit are fishing, my dog decided that river looked ike a good place to swim and tried walking through the wall.

Now that is funny.:D my other cat, well first i have a optoma projector as well, and the cat A.K.A. the kiwi likes to chase the bugs on the screen during gorilla's in the mist. I can barely see them but she is all over it, so now i will play that seen but now pull the SCREEN up. I got a few claws on my 800.00 dollar screen.
    Audio:
    Onkyo :tx-sr805
    Polk: rti8's
    Polk: rti4's
    Polk: fxi3's
    Polk: csi'3
    Velodyne: VRP 1200
    Epik: Caliber
    Video:
    Panasonic:TH-42PX60U 42"Plasma
    Power Conditioner:
    Monster Power