Why Sid got fired from Walmart...

steveinaz
steveinaz Posts: 19,536
edited April 2008 in The Clubhouse
A very loud, very unattractive, mean-acting woman walked into Wal-Mart with her two kids, yelling obscenities at them all the way through the entrance.

Sid, the old Wal-Mart Greeter said pleasantly 'Good morning, and welcome to Wal-Mart. Nice children you have there. Are they twins?'

The ugly woman stopped yelling long enough to say, 'Hell no, they ain't!! The oldest one's 9 and the other one's 7. Why the hell would you think they're twins for? Are you blind, or just plain stupid?'

'I'm neither blind nor stupid, Ma'am,' replied Sid. 'I just couldn't believe you got laid twice. Have a good day and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart.'
Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
Post edited by steveinaz on

Comments

• polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited April 2008
    ROTFL...

Are we talking about Sid, our distinguished member here? :)
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,575
    edited April 2008
    Damn!

I wish I was that witty...

Maybe it comes with age. hahahha
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,448
    edited April 2008
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited April 2008
    Waaaaaaaaaaaa?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaa!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited April 2008
    Rotflmao!!!!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited April 2008
    That's a classic!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited April 2008
    Reminds me of a job I had in college. Remember the chain store Bradlees? I got a job there during a 6-week winter break. I was supposed to be working in the record and tape department, which would have been pretty cool. I showed up to work on my first day and found out that someone in Health and Beauty Aids had quit, so they needed me there. To make matters worse, on my third day of work, the manager of the department went on vacation, so in the course of 48 hours I went from thinking I working in the music department to being the diaper and tampon manager. Bear in mind I'm 18 years old.

So I'm stocking shelves on the first day I'm "managing", and I see this 500 pound woman wearing a parachute as a dress come waddling her way towards me. I'm thinking to myself "Oh, please don't talk to me." Well, she didn't. She SCREAMED to me from about 20 feet away "EXCUSE ME.... WHERE ARE THE STOOL SOFTENERS???" I'm thinking to myself she probably needs the prescription strength, not the over the counter stuff from Bradlees, but hey, what do I know. So I show her where the Ex-Lax is, and she asks, nice and loud, "IS THIS THE ONE THAT'S ON SALE?!?!?!?" Lady, some things you just need to splurge on....

Next day I'm stocking shelves again. Remember, I'm an 18 year old dude. Some woman came up to me with a box of Summer's Eve in one hand and a box of Masengil in the other, and asks me which one's better!!!! So I rip open both boxes, open up a "package" from each one. Sniff-sniff the first, sniff-sniff the second, handed one of them back to her and said "This one!". I walked straight out the door from there and never went back. I don't think I ever even collected a paycheck.

But I did get a job at Sam Goody's by the end of the day.

God's-honest-truth story....
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited April 2008
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited April 2008
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:
    Mad crazy (kewl) stories!!!:D
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited April 2008
    That was too funny LOL

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • djlogix
    djlogix Posts: 115
    edited April 2008
    awesome
    I should've listened way back in 2008, they told me I'd go broke... they were right
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited April 2008
    LOL! I'd be Sid, IF I had to deal with the public for more than 30 seconds.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2008
    that's awesome... how I would love to have seen her face after that...
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited April 2008
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited April 2008
    ROTFLMAO!!! I can see it now, an 18 yr old boy's worse nightmare! :eek::eek: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:D:D:D:D It's a wonder you weren't traumatized for life.
    nspindel wrote: »
    Reminds me of a job I had in college. Remember the chain store Bradlees? I got a job there during a 6-week winter break. I was supposed to be working in the record and tape department, which would have been pretty cool. I showed up to work on my first day and found out that someone in Health and Beauty Aids had quit, so they needed me there. To make matters worse, on my third day of work, the manager of the department went on vacation, so in the course of 48 hours I went from thinking I working in the music department to being the diaper and tampon manager. Bear in mind I'm 18 years old.

So I'm stocking shelves on the first day I'm "managing", and I see this 500 pound woman wearing a parachute as a dress come waddling her way towards me. I'm thinking to myself "Oh, please don't talk to me." Well, she didn't. She SCREAMED to me from about 20 feet away "EXCUSE ME.... WHERE ARE THE STOOL SOFTENERS???" I'm thinking to myself she probably needs the prescription strength, not the over the counter stuff from Bradlees, but hey, what do I know. So I show her where the Ex-Lax is, and she asks, nice and loud, "IS THIS THE ONE THAT'S ON SALE?!?!?!?" Lady, some things you just need to splurge on....

Next day I'm stocking shelves again. Remember, I'm an 18 year old dude. Some woman came up to me with a box of Summer's Eve in one hand and a box of Masengil in the other, and asks me which one's better!!!! So I rip open both boxes, open up a "package" from each one. Sniff-sniff the first, sniff-sniff the second, handed one of them back to her and said "This one!". I walked straight out the door from there and never went back. I don't think I ever even collected a paycheck.

But I did get a job at Sam Goody's by the end of the day.

God's-honest-truth story....
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited April 2008
    cfrizz wrote: »
    ROTFLMAO!!! I can see it now, an 18 yr old boy's worse nightmare! :eek::eek: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:D:D:D:D It's a wonder you weren't traumatized for life.

Actually, I'm kind of glad it happened. It gave me a really funny story to tell!
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.