Please help! School project gone wrong...

BaggedLancer
BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
edited April 2008 in The Clubhouse
So for one of my final project/presentations we had to design a business plan for a mock business that we came up with as well as build a mock website to represent that business. We gave the person the info to build use the mock website and we were gonna have him email it today. We called him and he said he had no time to do it and won't have it done by the time we need to turn in the project, Wednesday night.

Can anyone help build a mock website? I just need a basic image for the homepage, in jpeg format that I could put into a powerpoint presentation. I have our company name, some info, some images, the company logo, etc.....I just need it formatted to look like a web page.

Someone.....please help. :(

I already PM'd Demiurge as I know he is good at this stuff but not sure how often he sees the forum.

Totally screwed,

Mark
Post edited by BaggedLancer on

Comments

• dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited April 2008
    Do you have MS-Publisher? It's what some of our people at work use to do the rough drafts for web-page designs.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • BaggedLancer
    edited April 2008
    That would be a negative. And even if I did it probably has a learning curve that wouldn't let me do anything halfway decent.
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 915
    edited April 2008
    Who is your internet provider? They may already give you a few megs of web page space.
  • dkg999
    edited April 2008
    If you have all the logo's, etc., then you could almost mock it up in PowerPoint by starting with a blank slide and dropping things in. If you had access to MS-Visio you could do it easier with that software, then save as a JPEG and drop the JPEG into Word or PowerPoint.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • BaggedLancer
    edited April 2008
    Libertyc wrote: »
    Who is your internet provider? They may already give you a few megs of web page space.

I dont want to host the site. I just need basically an image to dump into a powerpoint slide.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited April 2008
    dkg999 wrote: »
    If you have all the logo's, etc., then you could almost mock it up in PowerPoint by starting with a blank slide and dropping things in. If you had access to MS-Visio you could do it easier with that software, then save as a JPEG and drop the JPEG into Word or PowerPoint.

I don't have everything, i just have the company logo and some images. But i need to add things like a spot for a user to log in with a password, email a friend, crap like that.
  • dkg999
    edited April 2008
    If it doesn't actually have to work, and is just the cosmetic mock-up of what the website might look like, then you could build them with the drawing and shapes functions in PowerPoint. You could also clip them from other websites and drop them in as JPEG images into your PowerPoint slide. Stealing from other websites might be frowned on by your prof though!
    DKG999

• BaggedLancer
    edited April 2008
    If it doesn't actually have to work, and is just the cosmetic mock-up of what the website might look like, then you could build them with the drawing and shapes functions in PowerPoint. You could also clip them from other websites and drop them in as JPEG images into your PowerPoint slide. Stealing from other websites might be frowned on by your prof though!

Those are all non options in my eyes. A pile of jpegs just won't cut it for this class. It needs to have a uniform look of a website, like it could be real from someone hitting print screen on their computer. You won't get that feel in powerpoint.....ever. Powerpoint is out of the question.
  • dkg999
    edited April 2008
    OK then, just trying to help!
    DKG999

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited April 2008
    Could you take a screen capture of a website that looks like what you want, and use Photoshop or some program like that to paste over it with images and text that match your project?
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited April 2008
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Could you take a screen capture of a website that looks like what you want, and use Photoshop or some program like that to paste over it with images and text that match your project?

Been thinking about doing that, but this professor is way too good for that. We'd be busted faster than you can imagine.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited April 2008
    OK then, just trying to help!

Thanks, appreciate it alot, but I don't think this project the easy way out will work.
  • mightymouse
    mightymouse Posts: 254
    edited April 2008
    There must be some CS majors at your school who you can ask for help.

Push comes to shove, pay him/her to design the site for you. You still have 3 days left. Most CS majors are pretty good with that kind of stuff.
  • eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited April 2008
    i could do it in 10 mins. msg me on AIM - eloplayspolo
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • sophie
    sophie Posts: 511
    edited April 2008
    could you steal the code from a html page you like and edit it to what you want? you need to know basic html but you can pick that up in 3 days if you rely try.

Payton
    Polk monitor 10B's and 5 jr's
    Adcom gfa 5500 and HK/240
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited April 2008
    Use Weebly. It's free and does some of the design for you. You couldn't build a Fortune 500 website with it, but it works for me and is pretty easy to get the hang of using. It would be the perfect thing for your project.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited April 2008
    zingo wrote: »
    Use Weebly. It's free and does some of the design for you. You couldn't build a Fortune 500 website with it, but it works for me and is pretty easy to get the hang of using. It would be the perfect thing for your project.

ELOplaysPolo made one for me and I finally got a hold of an old friend who put one together for me.

Thanks to all for the advice, I think I have something now. :D
  • BaggedLancer
    edited April 2008
    sigh....so i sent the project to my group and one of the group members sends me a text message saying he's "not feeling it" and wants to know if it can be redone. I told him to screw and find someone else to do it.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited April 2008
    Ask him if he'd feel your foot up his ****...

I hate MF'rs like that. Sit on their butt and criticize those that get results...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • BaggedLancer
    edited April 2008
    At this point it's not even worth the effort to argue cause I'd end up punching someone in the face. I'm tired of school and ready to graduate....thankfully it's all over Friday.