Public Service Landmark

George Grand
George Grand Posts: 12,258
edited April 2008 in The Clubhouse
The new mayor of Filthadelphia was just "live" on my tv. The city government over there is toying with the idea of giving the city residents garbage cans, and instructing them in their proper usage. He just said that on MY tv.

It's a start.
Post edited by George Grand on

Comments

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited April 2008
    :D:D:D

Only someone who lives in outside of "Filthadelphia" and isn't from "Filthadelphia" could find humor in that. :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited April 2008
    giving the city residents garbage cans, and instructing them in their proper usage.

It's a start.

I would absolutely LOVE to be a fly on the wall for that little training seminar!!! LOL

"OK, now it's important to remember that we put the garbage IN the cans people......too much garbage outside the cans and you'll fail the class"
    :rolleyes::D:rolleyes::D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited April 2008
    Never been to Philly, but I assume from the comments coming from JERSEY, it's gotta be pretty bad??
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited April 2008
    Filthadelphia? I thought it was Killadelphia?
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited April 2008
    Like any major city, it has good parts and bad parts. There are clean sections, as well as safe sections (relatively speaking).
    Don't knock the whole city.

Now that that's out of the way; What's a garbage can? And how do you pronounce that?

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited April 2008
    Face wrote: »
    Filthadelphia? I thought it was Killadelphia?

Just you hold on there buddy! Filthadelphia ain't got **** on "The City that Bleeds!" We work very hard to keep our murder rate where it is.
    No excuses!
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited April 2008
    It's not a major city. Once the loyalists see that, and understand it, everything falls into place. A lot of people live there. That doesn't make it a major city. It has a few Ben Franklin, Betsy Ross type things that either ought to be moved TO A MAJOR CITY, or quarantined and guarded until somebody gets a grip on the place.

Free garbage cans and instructions on proper usage is a small, yet admirable step.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited April 2008
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Just you hold on there buddy! Filthadelphia ain't got **** on "The City that Bleeds!" We work very hard to keep our murder rate where it is.

Baltimore is weaksauce compared to Camden.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 915
    edited April 2008
    Eff the free trash cans.
    They should be giving people instructions on how to stay alive in the subway.
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited April 2008
    Free Kevlar flak jackets.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited April 2008
    Jstas wrote: »
    Baltimore is weaksauce compared to Camden.

No ****.