KU Smoking hot

MrNightly
MrNightly Posts: 3,370
edited April 2008 in The Clubhouse
Oh boy. What a performance they showed tonight...even with getting cocky after they were up 40-12 over the mighty UNC.

Championship game will be a superb show. I like KU, but Memphis is the real deal.

This one's for you, KU!
Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
Stuff...

RTi12's - front
CSi5 - center
FXi3's - surrounds
RTi4's - surrounds
SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
Denon 3805
Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

Post edited by MrNightly on

Comments

• Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited April 2008
    let's see if they can hang with memphis... IF.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • jwhitakr
    jwhitakr Posts: 568
    edited April 2008
    I'm on cloud 9 since the KU vs. UNC game on Saturday ... I absolutely LOVED watching it and was whoopin' and hollerin' the whole game. For a short period of time I felt bad for Roy's boys, but then I came back to reality and laughed at myself for having pity on them. Muhahahaha!

I just hope the game tonight is a good one, and that both teams play well. Should be a great game!
    My HT
    HDTV: Panasonic PT-61LCX65 61" Rear Proj. LCD
    AVR: Harman Kardon AVR 235
    Video: 80GB PS3, Toshiba HD-XA1 HD DVD
    Fronts: Polk Audio RTi8
    Center: Polk Audio CSi3
    Amp: Emotiva LPA-1
    Surrounds: Polk Audio R150
    Sub: HSU STF-3

The only true barrier to knowledge is the assumption that you already have it. - C.H. Dodd
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited April 2008
    I was surpriseed how poorly UNC played. They made a great comback the 2nd half but it was to little to late.
  • MrNightly
    edited April 2008
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    I was surpriseed how poorly UNC played. They made a great comback the 2nd half but it was to little to late.

Ya, losing by 18 is a comeback ;)
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• jwhitakr
    edited April 2008
    Fireman32 wrote: »

I didn't think UNC played poorly. I thought KU played really well and owned them with a capital P.

;)
    My HT

The only true barrier to knowledge is the assumption that you already have it. - C.H. Dodd
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited April 2008
    I'm just glad UNC is out of it.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited April 2008
    Memphis vs kansas in the final game? Blech...
  • MrNightly
    edited April 2008
    Polkmaniac wrote: »
    Memphis vs kansas in the final game? Blech...

Why is that? Because it's the two best teams for once playing in a championship? Ha. Whatever dude... This is bound to be a game of titan proportions!!!
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• cubdog
    cubdog Posts: 835
    edited April 2008
    I thought you said they were smoking pot. :eek:

cubdog
    Shuguang Classic S8MK
    Emotiva XDA-2
    Bel Canto M300 mono blocks
    Bel Canto DAC 1.5
    Squeezebox Touch
    Sony SS-M7
    A/D/S L710
  • jwhitakr
    edited April 2008
    Awesome game last night. I was dying for the last 5 minutes of the game ... thought I was going to have a heart attack when Super Mario hit the 3 to send it to OT.

I really think this KU team was destined to win it all. Memphis had a number of opportunities to put the game away, and they just didn't execute. I feel bad for John Calipari, since I think he is a good guy, but I don't feel bad at all for the "one and done" NBA-bound freshmen from Memphis. Wasn't he the guy who said in the press conference yesterday "I've never lost a game of one-on-one." That may be true, but KU showed that it is the better team last night.

Hats off to both teams for a well played and exciting game. Rock chalk CHAMPIONSHIP baby!!!
    My HT

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited April 2008
    enjoyed the game and thought it was great Kansas won, Memphis played well but in the end I was glad a team that cannot shoot free throws very well did not win the NCAA tournament.

RT1
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited April 2008
    Excellent game! Finally had a nail biter after so many boring, blow out games!
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited April 2008
    Great game, but Memphis had Kansas and choked it away. I think Memphis outplayed them for a good stretch of the second half (everything but the last 2 minutes) and deserved to win.

I feel terrible for their kids. Can't believe FTs finally did them in after being so publicized before the tourney even began, even though they shot great from the stripe the first 5 rounds.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850