!@#$% Thieves

mrmusicman
mrmusicman Posts: 303
edited April 2008 in The Clubhouse
I was awaken @ 2:30 am this morning by my daughter and her boyfriend to inform me my truck had been broken into.Actually they stole my taillights...dropped the tailgate ,removed torx screws,and un plugged the whole assembley on both sides:mad:
When my daughter woke me I envisioned my windows broke and my entire system removed with my interior hacked to pieces...i feel fortunate my taillights were the only thing missing and they used the proper tools to achieve this.They left hand prints on the windows ,and the hood like they were going after more but the police couldn't get any fingerprints:(
My taillights were stock factory ,nothing fancy I guess there is a market factory items.
I sure hate the feeling of being violated and having sombody on my property messing with my stuff as I sleep.I also went down to the car audio shop and had a alarm installed this morning in case they come back for more.I also remove my faceplate on my head unit every night and am thinking that helped from them taking the system.
Sorry for the long post ,but had to vent.
Outlaw 990 Processor
Outlaw 755 Amp
Denon 2900 dvd-sacd
Dishnetwork HD-Dvr
55" Sony LCD RPTV
Lsi 9-fronts
Lsic-center
Rt55i- surrounds
Velodyne cht-10 sub

2007 Dodge Quad cab
Kenwood Excelon KDC-X891
JL Audio 300/V2
Polk Audio SR 6500 - Fronts
Polk Audio DB651 - Rear
2 -10" Treo Subs
Interfire IB 2600C sub amp
Sirius Sat radio
Ipod connection
Post edited by mrmusicman on

Comments

• Neskahi
    Neskahi Posts: 297
    edited April 2008
    Dont let it bother you too much. We've all had a similar experience and it does stink.
    Be glad nothing was torn up badly and would require a lot of time to fix. This event has the
    hallmark of kid stuff and hopefully they will mature one day and grow up like us Polkies.
    SDA 2.3/RDO's... xovers by Ben
    SDA 2.3TL/Stock..
    SDA 1C/Solens/RDO's [gave to my Uncle]
    SDA 2B RDO's
    Snell Type CV
    SDA 1.2TL's
    GFA7700 Adcom
    GFP750 Adcom
    TFM55X Carver
    M90 Pioneer/C90 Pre
    M91 x 2 Pioneers/C91 Pre
    Yaqin MC10l
    DCD-1520/1560/2560 Denon
    Marantz DVD-8400
    Carver m1.5T
    DV-79avi Pioneer
    TFM35X x 2
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,601
    edited April 2008
    My son forgot to lock the passenger side door on the truck two weeks ago.
    All they took was my XM box. They didn't take my tools from behind the seat
    or the Alpine radio. Must of been kids. A pro would of cleaned me out.
    Still, it pissed me off.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited April 2008
    Parts thieves can get more money for body parts than radios. A Lexus headlight assembly is worth about $700 new. Eff the Alpine!

Airbags are a fortune. They are using battery powered wizzers around here to steal catalystic converters. They wiped out about 20 of them at a mass transit Park and Ride. The scrap metal price for a converter is crazy. The catalyst is expensive.
    Carl

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2008
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Parts thieves can get more money for body parts than radios.

wow.. how much does a kidney go for? :eek:
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2008
    An alarm isnt going to stop a thief from stealing your tail lights again unless you get a sensor, like a mercury switch, to detect if your tailgate is let down.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • jaysonbarnett
    jaysonbarnett Posts: 257
    edited April 2008
    thats sucks dude! I saved for years on a whole home theater system when i lived in chico ca. I left to see my parents and when i got back my front window was broken and my 50 inch plasma, my DENON all my LSi's( x7)were gone. The police just told my soory there is nothing they can do so I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!!!! I sure wish i had a house alarm.
    Audio:
    Onkyo :tx-sr805
    Polk: rti8's
    Polk: rti4's
    Polk: fxi3's
    Polk: csi'3
    Velodyne: VRP 1200
    Epik: Caliber
    Video:
    Panasonic:TH-42PX60U 42"Plasma
    Power Conditioner:
    Monster Power
    : HTS 3600 MKII Home Theater
    Dvd:
    Sony: BDP-350
    Game Systems
    WII
    PS3
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited April 2008
    it's a human constant. there will always be pieces of garbage that think they are entitled to your **** because you have it and they dont.
    could have been worse man, look at it that way.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2008
    get a big **** mean Doberman dog and have him sleep in the bed of your truck.. I bet you never have another thief try and steal anything from you again.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited April 2008
    Homeowners insurance?
  • mrmusicman
    edited April 2008
    Well, good news is the taillights are priced between $60.00-$70.00 per side...I was thinking at least $200.00 considering its an 07 and a dealer only item.Oh,and another $ 250 for the alarm.I really don't care for alarms too much but It will make me sleep a little better and I think they are a good detourant.Most of my system is installed out of sight and with the headunit faceplate detached thats all I can pretty much do...and as far as the taillights getting stolen again,I hope it was a one time deal and they aren't trying to use my truck as a parts store.
    The bad thing about filing a claim with your insurance is it goes up, or they cancell your policy ,so basically if its under a $1000.00 its prettty much coming out of my pocket.
    Outlaw 990 Processor
    Outlaw 755 Amp
    Denon 2900 dvd-sacd
    Dishnetwork HD-Dvr
    55" Sony LCD RPTV
    Lsi 9-fronts
    Lsic-center
    Rt55i- surrounds
    Velodyne cht-10 sub

2007 Dodge Quad cab
    Kenwood Excelon KDC-X891
    JL Audio 300/V2
    Polk Audio DB651 - Rear
    2 -10" Treo Subs
    Sirius Sat radio
    Ipod connection
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2008
    What kind of truck is it?
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • mrmusicman
    edited April 2008
    07 Dodge 2500 Quad cab 4x4 Diesel Big Horn Edition:cool:
    Outlaw 990 Processor
    Outlaw 755 Amp
    Denon 2900 dvd-sacd
    Dishnetwork HD-Dvr
    55" Sony LCD RPTV
    Lsi 9-fronts
    Lsic-center
    Rt55i- surrounds
    Velodyne cht-10 sub

2007 Dodge Quad cab
    Kenwood Excelon KDC-X891
    JL Audio 300/V2
    Polk Audio DB651 - Rear
    2 -10" Treo Subs
    Sirius Sat radio
    Ipod connection
  • scottnbnj
    scottnbnj Posts: 709
    edited April 2008
    i had a pop & lock tailgate lock for my f-250. i noticed there are other brands to choose from now and the new pop & locks look like they might be a bit easier to operate and hold up better.

anyway, here's an idea of what i'm talking about:
    http://www.pickupspecialties.com/poplock.htm

)
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited April 2008
    exalted512 wrote: »
    An alarm isnt going to stop a thief from stealing your tail lights again unless you get a sensor, like a mercury switch, to detect if your tailgate is let down.
    -Cody

Exactly. They make motion sensor devices that will 'beep' you when your truck is being 'violated'. To me, this is more valuable than an alarm because you can grab your gun and start poppin' caps before they even know what's what. The alarm will just scare them...they'll run, and you'll never catch them.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited April 2008
    I'd rather see them run scared than deal with a couple of bodies in my driveway :eek::eek:

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited April 2008
    Ricardo wrote: »
    I'd rather see them run scared than deal with a couple of bodies in my driveway :eek::eek:

Nah...just wound 'em...
    Give them something to think about.
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited April 2008
    My fiance's '92 civic has been broken into five times, with an alarm. It's makes me mad because the car is crappy stock; no hub caps, speakers that barely work, paint missing, and worth nothing. A couple times stuff was stolen, but the last time they just broke the dash, some interior panels and a window, and stole the ashtray; they didn't even steal the stereo or money that was sitting out in the open. Theft as least makes sense, but reckless vandalism seriously steams me.

I feel you pain mrmusicman; violated describes the experience perfectly.
  • SLOCOOKN
    SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
    edited April 2008
    SPRING is in the air. We had the seats stolen out of our boat this weekend! We pulled up to eat breakfast at a local diner and parked out of the way and WAH LAH...F&*KING thieves.

At least they did not get any other equipment!
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
  • mrmusicman
    edited April 2008
    Until we are able to treat thieves like looters,shooting on the spot...or eye for an eye type of punishment were basically screwed.:(

exalted512 and scottnbj thanks for the links.
    Outlaw 990 Processor
    Outlaw 755 Amp
    Denon 2900 dvd-sacd
    Dishnetwork HD-Dvr
    55" Sony LCD RPTV
    Lsi 9-fronts
    Lsic-center
    Rt55i- surrounds
    Velodyne cht-10 sub

2007 Dodge Quad cab
    Kenwood Excelon KDC-X891
    JL Audio 300/V2
    Polk Audio DB651 - Rear
    2 -10" Treo Subs
    Sirius Sat radio
    Ipod connection
  • scottnbnj
    scottnbnj Posts: 709
    edited April 2008
    you're welcome sir. for the price, any one of those locks seem like a no-brainer to me. they look alot nicer and easier to use than the early version that i had.

)