Quite a selection of older speakers...

NotaSuv
NotaSuv Posts: 3,845
edited April 2008 in The Clubhouse
No affil....just came across it surfin around..thats alot of older speakers...

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZpdbcmhwj
Post edited by NotaSuv on

Comments

• jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited April 2008
    This guy always has lots of stuff. I've heard he's a diehard estate sale buyer that goes to the sale and proclaims to everyone that "all the audio stuff is sold".

That said, he has a pair of Norman Laboratory Model 10s that I sold to a guy in Northwest Arkansas about 2 years ago. The white stain in picture 3 came from the wall of our garage when I first moved them out of the living room.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited April 2008
    More like a buyer of crap. There are a handful of notable pieces but it's not a long list.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited April 2008
    dorokusai wrote: »
    More like a buyer of crap. There are a handful of notable pieces but it's not a long list.

Agreed. Most of it 80's garbage and he's thrashed the Infinity RS4b set when he added the Advent woofers.
  • sophie
    sophie Posts: 511
    edited April 2008
    will something like those pioneers sell? i see stuff like that once in a while for 5-10 bucks and always assume its crap. is there anyway those are worth $85 in as-is condition?
    Polk monitor 10B's and 5 jr's
    Adcom gfa 5500 and HK/240
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited April 2008
    jmwest1970 wrote: »
    Agreed. Most of it 80's garbage and he's thrashed the Infinity RS4b set when he added the Advent woofers.

Agreed. The Mission Argonaut loudspeakers are real cool but the Paradigm replacement woofer is questionable depending on the vintage. Well, at least they still survived the ages I guess.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited April 2008
    Saw the "ESS" speakers, but from the pictures, it doesn't look like we're talking Heil transfromers but horns ?

Got sidetracked googling that "ESS 1200", and came across this (looks like the ESS Heil is still plugging and chugging, for better or worse):

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue20/ess450.htm

Sorry for the sidetrack
    Sal Palooza
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2008
    He's a nice older gent, I've done biz with him before. Most of the stuff is very ambitiously priced - his 2 car garage is full. I mean you can't walk from one end to the other, it's FULL of gear.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited April 2008
    The Pioneers will sell. There's no shortage of tin-eared worshippers out there. They think that **** is the cat's whiskers.