FS: MIT Terminator 2 - Bi-Wire - Speaker Cable

dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,577
edited March 2009 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
MIT Terminator 2 - Bi-Wire - Speaker Cable - 8ft. - 9/10 - *SOLD* to Treitz3

If you want to step into some modest cable believer shoes, or just get your feet wet, this would be a solid choice. MIT is the bar standard for my rig and has been since 2003. Thanks F1Nut!

They are long enough for almost every rig and a later T2 revision(Gray & 20.4). They are damn near as heavy as my current MIT Shotgun S3. These have the network boxes and sound just as good as the current AVT series. I think they took a step sideways on the AVT series, probably to diversify the line better, but the used market for MIT is where the real deals are found. I don't really know anything about marketing, just application, so take that for what it's worth. If I recall a recent conversation, it ain't worth much but there you go.

They DO use MIT ICONNS but I hope you like bananas.....and you should anyways. If you need to pick up spades, just order them from Joe Abrams on Audiogon. Look, get some solid wires to go with that gear and don't look back.

Includes: N/A.

5712TTIM
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited April 2008
    That reminds me that I have some Monster M-series wires I've never tried.
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2008
    I like the Monster M and Z series for making jumpers and wiring, since it's inexpensive by the foot and easy to terminate.

They aren't in the same league as these but if you have something hiding in your closet, you should certainly try it. Don't report back here....go make another thread about it if you don't mind.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,947
    edited April 2008
    I'll take 'em
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited April 2008
    Cool Tom. I would like to hear how they sound against AQ's
    Smoking deal BTW
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2008
    Thanks Tom and I'll throw in a goodie.....no it isn't the picture of me naked that you've REPEATEDLY asked for.
  • treitz3
    edited April 2008
    Hey Mark, I need to know how to pay you the dough. Hopefully you will see this before I leave but if you don't, please note that I will be off-line until Monday.

*disappointed about picture*
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2008
    Just email me when you get back, no hurry. I'll have them packed and labeled by Sunday.
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited April 2008
    God, I wish I hadn't missed these. There have been some good prices in the sales forums lately.
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2008
    Tom - Actually these are MIT ICONNS, so even better. I have two pairs of these and grabbed the wrong one. If you ever need to order spades, find Joe Abrams on Audiogon.
  • treitz3
    edited March 2009
    These are back for sale folks. My new setup is not compatible with these cables. PM me for the price if interested as I can not edit and it's nobody's business what these sell for. ;)
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2009
    What changed? Did you get a tube amp?
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited March 2009
  • treitz3
    edited March 2009
    Blakeh, you have a PM. Bdaley6509, you missed out by 46 minutes as Blakeh PM'd me before you did. A sale is pending at the moment but they are not sold as of right now.

Hey Mark, I'm using SDA 1C's in my current setup that I'm building and these cables are bi-wire. Yes, my new rig will be mostly tubes as well. I'd like to keep them but I can't see having thousands of $$$ worth of speaker cables [I have many other sets of SC's as well] just sitting here not being put to good use. You gave me a smokin' deal and I figured I'd pass it on to someone that could use them. Thank you by the way for the awesome hookup.