I poo-poo people who do not leave feedback

zingo
zingo Posts: 11,258
edited April 2008 in The Clubhouse
It rarely happens, but it's just frustrating when it does; especially when you have a good experience with someone. Please tell us how your transaction with someone was, good or bad. It's a good thing to know and helps out the rest of the community. Nuf' said.

feedback-779099.jpg
Post edited by zingo on

Comments

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited April 2008
    Give it a couple of days, if he doesn't leave feedback, give us his name here & the rest of us will leave him feedback of another kind!:eek::D
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • zingo
    edited April 2008
    It was just a general comment.
  • Imperitor
    Imperitor Posts: 235
    edited April 2008
    I've been waiting over a month for feed back from a guy on e-bay. Drives me nuts!
    7.1 HOME THEATER:
    Center: CSi3
    Front: RTi10
    Surround: RTi A3
    Rear Surround: RTi4
    Subwoofer: Mirage Omni S10
    TV: Sharp Aquos 42" 1080p LCD
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805
    Blu-Ray Player / CD Player / DVD Player / Media Server / Game Console / Best money I've ever spent: 60GB PS3
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited April 2008
    I've left feedback for people on ebay and here and have no received feedback in return.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited April 2008
    It's rude not to leave feedback. That's what it is for. I always leave feedback and try to post it within 7 days after I'm sure the transaction has no issues. Meaning about a week after I receive the item and have had a chance to test it throughly.

I've had to remind some on e-bay and it's usually a powerseller who just forgets.
    When I sell something I usually wait until the buyer leaves feedback, then I know no issues will creep out the woodwork.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited April 2008
    there is no excuse on this forum not to leave it, especially since i posted that detailed write up up of how to do it. It's too easy not to do it.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited April 2008
    I guess I'll be shamed into leaving the forum.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited April 2008
    It's not a big deal.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • BaggedLancer
    edited April 2008
    I guess I'll be shamed into leaving the forum.

:confused: why would you leave the forum? what does leaving the forum have to do with leaving feedback? I think you might have your leavings confused....
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited April 2008
    there is no excuse on this forum not to leave it, especially since i posted that detailed write up up of how to do it. It's too easy not to do it.

This should do nicely.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited April 2008
    Good Morning George! How is retirement treating you?
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • BaggedLancer
    edited April 2008
    This should do nicely.

What? I'm still not following you. Maybe a couple coherent descriptive sentences may help rather than just a single abstract statement. I'm still not sure what your initial statement of "leaving the forum in shame" meant? I mean obviously you were kidding, but I don't even see the relevance to the initial post? :confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited April 2008
    They need to make it less of a pain in the butt to leave feedback here. I have always left it but sheesh! I'm kinda with George on that one.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited April 2008
    need to make it easier? you peoples have me confused....I don't think it can get easier.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited April 2008
    They need to make it less of a pain in the butt to leave feedback here.

I wish I good give feedback on some off the PM offer I decide to take. Ben sold me the Polk SRS SDA 3.1TL's but I could not give him positive feedback because of no link.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • wingnut4772
    edited April 2008
    need to make it easier? you peoples have me confused....I don't think it can get easier.

It's the whole find the link, copy and paste the link ya da ya da. It is easy..just a pain in the arse.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• Face
    edited April 2008
    Since when is copying and pasting difficult?
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • wingnut4772
    edited April 2008
    Face wrote: »
    Since when is copying and pasting difficult?

It's not. It's annoying.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited April 2008
    I finally went through all my subscribed to threads and left feedback for everyone I could find a link that related to the sale. This still leaves some feedback for members like H9 and DaBoyz where the sale didn't have a related thread to link to. Maybe I should just pick a non-related thread and use that to make the feedback?

And ...... if there is anybody I missed leaving feedback for, please pm me!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2008
    here is your feedback :rolleyes:
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • wingnut4772
    edited April 2008
    He he. I have that album. It's ok.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited April 2008
    danger boy wrote: »
    here is your feedback :rolleyes:

Hey now! If feedback is that hot, I'll take all I can get! :D
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • heiney9
    edited April 2008
    dkg999 wrote: »
    I finally went through all my subscribed to threads and left feedback for everyone I could find a link that related to the sale. This still leaves some feedback for members like H9 and DaBoyz where the sale didn't have a related thread to link to. Maybe I should just pick a non-related thread and use that to make the feedback?

And ...... if there is anybody I missed leaving feedback for, please pm me!

Yeah, I talked to Justin initially about the feedback issues for "behind the scenes" transactions and with this feedback system (which I think is great btw) there is no way to record a transaction w/o a link to a formal FS thread.

I guess we could recreate a thread, etc. to link to. I'm not too worried. I spend enough time here that for the few things I offer up FS if one doesn't trust me a little bit then it's one's loss or there is always a way to work something out if both parties are genuine about making a transaction.

I currently am in the process of completing a couple recent sales so that should up my positive feedback.

H9

P.s. My biggest purchase were my 1C's at the Illinois Polk gathering and the parties involved had no problem taking a check and letting me ride off in the sunset with the SDA's. That purchase isn't reflected in my feedback number.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    edited April 2008
    What? I'm still not following you. Maybe a couple coherent descriptive sentences may help rather than just a single abstract statement. I'm still not sure what your initial statement of "leaving the forum in shame" meant? I mean obviously you were kidding, but I don't even see the relevance to the initial post? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Bagged, he was referring to this post:

Originally Posted by BaggedLancer

It referring back to the forum not feedback.

I thought his comment was actually pretty witty.

H9
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited April 2008
    I find this one easier than the a'gon system.
  • zingo
    edited April 2008
    I would just put that feedback in my lockbox...
    feedback.jpg
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited April 2008
    I think I owe somebody feedback here... but can't remember... :( It is kinda a pain to have to copy to the link... but whatever.

Anybody that I owe feedback for, come out now or forever hold your peace ;)
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• Face
    edited April 2008
    If someone leave feedback for you, but you don't leave it in return because copy and pasting is annoying, that's pretty selfish.
  • wingnut4772
    edited April 2008
    I believe I have left feedback for all.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• analog97
    analog97 Posts: 328
    edited April 2008
    I need to leave feedback for 2 positive purchases. In both cases I tried and failed. I kept getting a message saying "dealer URL required". I wrote to both sellers, one of whom left me a positive feedback, asking how to do it. I just tried a search and again failed. Wassup with this? What am I missing?:confused::confused: