Cardas Patented Posts?

unc2701
unc2701 Posts: 3,587
edited April 2008 in The Clubhouse
Anyone here used them? Good, bad? Opinions? I'm getting ready to build a chassis for an ICEPower module I picked up.

What I'm talking about...

Also, anyone bought from DIYcable.com?

Thanks!
Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
Backburner:Krell KAV-300i
Post edited by unc2701 on

Comments

• Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited April 2008
    They look nice. I just wonder how sturdy one allen screw will be with the weight of some cables out there????
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited April 2008
    I've bought a couple of things from DIYcable.com before. Kevin let me combine shipping on a couple of separate orders, even e-mailed me when I hadn't ordered the additional item when I said I was going to. Fast shipping, good communication.

I wish I had seen those binding posts, they look real nice. I ended up getting the Vampire posts, which I believe he manufactures. They work fine, but the Cardas posts look more substantial.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • Poee7R
    Poee7R Posts: 904
    edited April 2008
    I havent used them, but they look very similar to the terminals Rowland uses. May be just the esthetics though.

Dave
    Once again we meet at last.
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited April 2008
    I've tried them and liked them, they take a little getting used to. I used speaker wire with analysis plus spades, you would just push the spades on and they would kinda grip the posts, then twist down the knob. A lot easier to use then regular binding posts imo.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited April 2008
    Do they have a similar design for nanners? That would be sweet. I still prefer gold plating though.
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited April 2008
    Copper is actually a better conducter than gold.

BTW, those posts look awesome. If you decide to go that route, let us know how they work out.
  • unc2701
    unc2701 Posts: 3,587
    edited April 2008
    Thanks for the responses!

I think I'm going to see how much space I have on the back panel & put both a set of standards & a set of cardas on there. Leaves open biwiring & bananas (but not biwiring w/ bananas on both...)
    Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
    Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
    Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
    Backburner:Krell KAV-300i
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited April 2008
    I wish I would have seen this a few weeks earlier, pretty cool design.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,447
    edited April 2008
    I guess I'll be the dissenting voice. I think they look like crap and copper oxidizes like crazy. That said, I love the normal gold plated Cardas binding posts.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk